Blizzard was listening

Not really, there was hiccups in the beginning with people adjusting to change in difficulty and + but that’s seemed to level out.

Additionally, guild.

What’s a better game?

I enjoy mythic plus, but offerings on the market are non-existent? (And I don’t like the direction it’s going in TWW.)

Better is subjective in more than one way.

M+ simply existing does not make it “esports garbage”, nor is it forced. Nobody told you that you had to like M+, and unless you’re literally on the cutting edge of Mythic raiding you have no actual need to do it.

I’m sorry that you don’t like M+, but some of us do. There is no other MMO with anywhere near the playerbase of WoW with a system as approachable and enjoyable as M+.

do you mean they listen to us thru the mics like spyon us :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: or listen to your ideas???

It seems important to you that you avoid the larger point I’m making.

I’m not sure why but… I’m sure glad you can seemingly figure everything out in an m0.

Especially coming from someone that has no real raiding progression, and no M+ progression at all. Your opinion really holds weight.

Oh let us guess – you’re ACTUALLY a 3100+ player, or even higher I’m sure … but but… it’s on your other account. Right?

gg

So, instead of “collecting” these orbs by absorbing them (as in the likes of Vexamus in Algeth’ar Academy), we’ll need to “disrupt” the orbs (I’m assuming they will need to be CC’d) and burn our CC spells on them instead of either using the CC on the mob(s)? In lower M+ key’s, I don’t foresee this being a “major” issue, however going into higher M+ keys, I can see where players who have CC will need to determine when to “sacrifice” their CC cooldown for a orb or two. Sure, some classes like Mage and Druids have AoE CC’s (Frost Nova for Mage or Roots from Druid) . How many orbs will be around the mobs when they fall around the players? Number of mobs = number of orbs? So, if this were to be true, if there’s 8 mobs in a given area (lets say Bromach from Uldaman) we’ll not only be fighting to CC 8 orbs but CC the mobs as well. Let’s not forget that Fortify or Tyrannical weekly affix also plays a part with these orbs which with the right weekly affix non-boss enemies can “double dip” into the Haste and Damage increase. Hmmm…I dunno. I would hope this could change and apply for the cosmic orbs to be collected instead of disrupted (CC) by players. I’d rather not burn a 20-30s CC cooldown for orbs that could not only empower the mobs, but myself when CC priority would be for the mob itself preventing from dealing further damage to the group. And yes, Haste IS a damage type bc the more haste, the faster the target can cast spells or melee which increase faster damage output.

This is just weird to put in a +7 especially for PUGs. You expect PUG’s which is the majority of M+ runs most players encounter during any given time throughout the day to be “emphasizes precise play and strategic execution, placing greater risk on players’ decisions”, whelp, I hate to tell you, but this is going to brick keys faster than people would think that this is a “good idea”. Sure, this may be great for players who are in guilds who specifically conduct M+ and whatnot, but for the average casual player who want to PUG (because some players have no choice or not interested in being in a guild) will roll the dice every time going into a +7 key and face a non-competent group that will rage quit on the first wipe or two just because of the TIME constraint alone. Two deaths = 30s, that’s a 6 death count currently at -5s per death. Who would even want to run +7’s for -15s per death? You’re literally adding more toxicity within the Mythic Plus system for a +7. Sure, I’ll try the +7 out, but I’m expecting players to brick keys just by the death counter alone.

1 Like

like hell they are. **** you. this is the dumbest affix bullcrap. if this makes it to live blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. this is garbage.

1 Like

brother it’s a disagreement not a declaration of war

1 Like

We are talking about learning the dungeon, not pushing high keys. M0 is more than enough to practice for m+ as a new player learning the dungeon, even more now that affixes are basically gone.

Dont talk about my raiding experience, when you cant even look at achievements.

They announced no more afflicted, incorporeal, spiteful, entangling, volcanic, and probably some I’m forgetting, weeks ago.

If you read the article in the comment you’re replying to, they list all the new and remaining affixes.

2 Likes

It obviously is not.

You can readily stand in things in an M0 that will one-shot you in a +10.

Since you don’t show any progression past M0, it’s no surprise you don’t understand this.

We don’t have to look at achievements. Your profile shows your (lack) of progression.

What’s next? You’re going to submit a bunch of AOTC’s where you have a single kill? lol

Why wouldn’t you look at achievements when not everyone posts on their main?

And high keys aren’t the place to simply show up to collect the win because people have practice countless times elsewhere.

That’s … what is being discussed. How best to practice.

If you think you can practice for 10s … in 0s … you’re not a serious person.

And I’m saying it’s a bad idea for people to expect perfection. Allowing people to practice elsewhere is a bad idea.

As for “the dance” just do follower dungeons.

I am just happy they are making it so keys +4 and above have all affixes active at the same time.

I don’t think I’m asking/ expecting “perfection.” I’m just a “get my portals/2700” sort of M+ player, you’re not going to see “perfection” when I run Keys. lol

I don’t see how allowing people to practice without wasting everyone else’s time could in ANY WAY be taken as a bad thing.

What is the cry any time someone has a problem around here? git gud

How is anyone supposed to “git gud” without practice?? And again-- without wasting someone else’s time?

I have very limited play time. When I actually join a Key with a group of players, I expect them to have their schtuff together. The current system fails Joe Casual in this aspect. “Go watch a video!” No. I could watch 1000 videos, nothing – but NOTHING-- replaces what it means to actually play the mechanic.

Every tier, we post vids in our raid Discord “watch the videos!” And I dutifully watch them. And they mean nothing. I learn more in 1 pull than I do watching those vids for an hour.

From what I’ve seen living the pug life in M+, I’m not the only one.

How is anyone supposed to “git gud” without practice?? And again-- without wasting someone else’s time?

People shouldn’t shy away from failure. It’s okay, go again, go next.

I have very limited play time. When I actually join a Key with a group of players, I expect them to have their schtuff together.

At the level I play at with my skill level, I expect a 33% chance to time it.

100% agree!

All that I disagree with is that, if I’ve put in 1000 hours of practice, I want to be paired with someone else that has also put in 1000 hours of practice. And/or is playing at a level that is equitable to 1000 hours of practice. Don’t get pedantic here, the intent is obvious.

Taken to an extreme, there is a level of frustration when someone who is 2500 joins your group and insta-wipes on everything: obvious carry.

So while I applaud your very realistic expectation of a 33% win-rate, it shouldn’t be that way.

When I finished S1 (2500’ish score, got KSH but no portals), I think I ran about 40 dungeons total. That’s more or less only running each dungeon 3-4 times; a win rate of 80-90%. But I don’t care about the 90% win, I care about the 10% loss … and how I could get better. And … the fact there ISN’T really a way to practice so I can get better drives me bananas.

Maybe in a few years, Follower-dungeons will fill in this gap. It’s certainly not there yet.

Take care. :slight_smile:

I cannot envision a player who thinks that millions of other players should have to make 20 minute corpse runs in world content. Do you get paid by the bad take?

At 10s, I think I’d be at 99%