Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

Factions have nothing to do with bigotry in and of itself

and no, compared to the other races the kaldorei are on a whole other level, they have genuinely exterminated wildlife (the thing they claim to “protect”) when it doesn’t adhere to their rules

there’s being a bigoted self serving … and then there’s being on the level of the kaldorei

According to the characters in BfA, the current Horde bears all sins of Blackhand’s Horde and the Grand Alliance bears all sins of the Alliance of Lordaeron and every kingdom that was ever part of it.

It makes no sense and flies in the face of 17ish years of story, but like Sean Copeland said, canon just restricts creativity! :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s kind of changed, it had to change for them to come into the alliance, I think you are grasping for straws

If they were so genocidal they would have been the ones to start this last war, but no, they have largely been contained to their own lands.

But he is still considered part of the history of the faction. Regardless what it was named at time. Even Saurfang had intertwined them.
“Thrall, Vol’jin! They were not the true heirs to Blackhand’s legacy. Sylvanas Wind Runner is.”

They are linked to the faction as a whole. Not just one part of it or just to one race, that can be separated at ones convinced.

you’re confusing concepts

one can be genocidal without leaving their land.

their beliefs, culture and general attitude towards most things hasn’t changed in thousands of years

you’re right that they’ve been contained within “their” land for a long time though, but that came through mass genocide and expansion campaigns, alongside killing any wildlife that they don’t like or happens to act in a manner they deem unacceptable

they’re also insanely territorial, even in wow they look at others with disdain

them entering the alliance had nothing to do with them changing, it had to do with it being the most effective way to hold onto their own lands when another invasion occured, then wow happened and races became more or less locked to their choices

honestly i like night elves, they’re one of my favorite races in wow, but they’re also not good people, and their extremely long history has been filled with a specific set of behavior
behavior that the rest of the elves (inlc sylvanas) know all too well since they’ve been alive to see it

1 Like

I thought we were just being sassy, I mean you started with the “uhmmm what about the legion plot.” And again it’s not like I’m personally hurt by the whiny comment, is just the hostile deflection of any criticism about imbalance as, well, “whining.”

Like babe, I’m not mad, but putting aside shade for shade’s sake I am wary of the dismissal of criticism.

Like the entire Alliance leadership is priests, whatchu mean Anduin is now THE priest, there are 4 of them.

He is considered part of human history by humans who were in a different alliance. He may feel especially close to it since he personally knew him, but still a different kingdom in a different Alliance. If anything Arthus is part of the horde’s history since he was the Price of the future Forsaken who are all now members of the Horde. That is right I just claimed the Lich King for the Horde!

I’d be happy to see the brutality of the NE return to the game along with Tyrande rejecting the lovey dovey hippie she morphed into for reasons.

2 Likes

We can have that savagery back without having to be the Villians too. Just give the alliance teeth, since with mr perfect leading it feels like we are just a bunch of pacifists.

1 Like

The best villains are relatable, villains that you can understand and sympathize with on some level.

Thanos from the Marvel Movies is a great example of this with how he was written. He isn’t some mustache twirling villain but a guy who has a cause he truly believes in and “good” intentions on why he is doing what he is doing. Flawed reasoning, yeah, but good enough that you can understand his side of things and why he want’s to do what he is doing.

From his perspective he truly believes himself the good guy and honestly I feel that is where Tyrande is falling into.

You can fully understand WHY she is upset and why she is doing what she is doing. Compare that to Sylvans who is flat out a mustache twirling villain now with how she has been handled all BFA.

I think Tyrande is being written as a possibly good villain for the future instead of being hamfisted like Sylvanas. I can understand and relate to Tyrande and why she is doing what she is doing and why she seems justified.

Honestly, I say Tyrande is being written pretty well.

4 Likes

Aye and if Tyrande goes full raid boss status along the way it’ll be a breath of fresh air given the war is over,horde have a more democratic leadership now with sane leaders and the villain bat can bugger off and hit someone else for a change.

Not going to denied he is intertwined to the Forsaken’s lore, but unless there is an example where he stood under a Horde banner and fight or contributed, he has no ties to their history as Blackhand or Doomhammer did.

Be like Alliance claiming Thrall because he was in one of the Alliance concentration camps.

It’s the choice the alliance deserves. From hardcore alliance players to people that play both factions, the choice to say “screw taking the higher road” would be a welcome gamechanger.

There is absolutely 0 chance that blizzard will make the night elves win something, ever.

They wouldn’t even let us put a finger on Nathanos.

2 Likes

translation: “Yeah i know it’s bad writing but we should continue bad writing style just so you guys have it on your faction too”.

no…lol they’re running out of ideas and encouraging more of this stuff is not good. I mean sure if there’s gonna be points in the story’s plot where leaders come and go, that’s fine…making huge ordeals out of it like garrosh, sylvannus, tyrande, etc…no man! i want to see fresh ideas in the game…it’s like they’re recycling the same bad guys over and over…even the lich king stuff is coming back - cool…but do we need entire expansions made out of minor plot points?

people on this forum could be the future writers of this game…i hope they don’t encourage this kind of stuff haha

She seems well beyond redemption to me. I can’t think of a scenario where she would be forgiven by Horde or Alliance.

A member of the council is still Geya’rah, and last we heard, she intends to commit an ethnic cleansing against the MU draenei.

She will be redeemed 100%. The writers are selfish and won’t let us kill their favorites.

Even if it turns out she was doing all of this to deal with some incredible future threat, she did nothing to communicate that threat to anyone, not even the people she had under her direct command. Not only is that disrespectful, but downright foolish as well. You can’t expect to be redeemed for knowing what’s coming if you don’t try to make people aware of it. Who knows, maybe the rest of the planet could have come up with a few ideas that were a bit more helpful than “kill a lot of people”.

1 Like