Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

My guess is that near the expansion’s end, there’ll be some sort of power reveal or whatnot that she uses to annihilate the Horde presence in Darkshore, maybe even stretching into Ashenvale, making it clear where Night Elf territory begins and the Horde’s ends. It’s also possible that we get some “leveled” instancing and she decides to take over Hyjal for her people.

I wonder what the Horde player base would say in the shoe was on the other foot. Let’s say the NEs and the Worgen siege and burned Orgrimmar without concern for it’s citizens and then afterwards claim “it was all Tyrande, not me” would they be so accepting?

3 Likes

Well. In retaliation we get to see Stormwind blown up? With Genn dying and Tyrande going off to be by herself while going crazy?

Sure.

Lets do it.

4 Likes

She’s always, well at least once she killed herself on arthas’sword, been evil.

See, so you guys wouldn’t accept it either. So why should Tyrande?

5 Likes

Can they Villainize Genn and few others while they’re at it? Turn them full genocidal.

Accept what?

I am literally relaying what the Alliance got to experience.

You got to experience seeing Undercity blown up in retaliation. Another Horde leader dying. And a second going crazy and going off to be by herself.

If you want me to accept the reverse, then you have to be willing to accept the reverse too.

2 Likes

Personally I’d prefer both sides to be full of warmongers so that there’d never be peace.

1 Like

Let’s be real, the Horde got off laughably easy for their part in burning Teldrassil. Sure, Sylvanas gave the order, but she had a ton of orcs, tauren, etc, aiding in raiding Darkshore, butchering innocents, and burning the world tree. They were accomplices complicit in what Sylvanas did, and were allowed to walk because they said “I’m sorry”.

Tyrande is absolutely right to want a harsher punishment. Unless she starts full on butchering civilians herself, her wants right now are more on par with criminal justice.

Wanting to punish criminals is morally gray, yeah?

4 Likes

So Horde citizens are under Alliance laws?

We can end after we get our revenge on the Alliance for killing Rastakhan. And we wipe the Alliance from the surface of Azeroth.

1 Like

They should be in alliance chains.

4 Likes

By your own faction. The Undercity was NEVER the goal, it was to capture or kill Syvalans.

Not the one responsible and not at the hands of the Alliance.

One who was betraying both sides to some unknown death force. Hard to blame that on the Alliance and it sure is not holding her responsible for her actions against EITHER faction.

Right now the NEs have not seen any justice or vengeance for what the Horde did to them. That is why Tryande won’t stop.

9 Likes

She is 100% right. Peace with the Horde is a short term solution at best. Besides we need #JusticeForTeldrassil

2 Likes

Just because YOU dont like the story doesn’t mean its uninteresting. what your stating is completely subjective. Alliance needed an “evil” character to mix things up to stop being the “good guys” sorry you dont like it i do though. :slight_smile:

Perhaps not, but usually when a war ends, the losing side generally suffers consequences. To surrender and reneg on the war and what you’ve done isn’t free. Even a cursory look at history (the end of World War 1 for instance), can demonstrate how a foreign power can place harsh sanctions on a country, or even dismantle a country outright.

…What? You never wondered what happened to Austria-Hungary?

Doesn’t change what happened.

He still died. And he played a very major role.

I am fine with Tyrande not stopping. I am not saying she should. She brings an interesting storyline that I hope is expanded upon.

My entire point is “how would the Horde like it if this happened to them” needs to take into consideration all of BFA. Not just one small snippet.

The Horde burned the tree. Yes. Now look at all of the ramifications they paid for due to that. Sourfang dying. Losing another Warchief. Undercity being blown up.

If you want me to entertain the idea of the Alliance burning down a Horde city (like the Horde did), then I must also entertain all consequences of those actions that the Horde endured…but for the Alliance.

Meaning an Alliance city gets blown up, the High King goes crazy/gets replaced. And at least 1 major Alliance leader dies.

Pretty sure that attitude is what needs to be wiped from the surface of Azeroth or there will never be peace.

4 Likes

I am perfectly fine with there not being peace.

Arthas: Am I a joke to you?

2 Likes