Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

If every leader is a perfect idealist, and never does anything wrong…the stories will not be interesting.

Perfect characters make for boring stories. Especially when they are all perfect in the same way.

10 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t need to villainize Tyrande, she’s just acting in character now that she’s getting a bigger role again.

I can see that. Plus it’s writing that has had her among the missing or perhaps she did a Sylvanas and his in the shadows to plan.

There is a convoluted mess here. Idk if they are trying to push the narrative of trying to track down and bring Sylvanas to justice or if we are still blaming the horde… feels like we are currently on the fence.

2 Likes

This is the same character that went out of her way to awaken her husband for council, only to immediately ignore his council and slaughter her own people, all to free an insane, mana-addicted, demonic-sorcerer who went on to side with the people she hoped he’d fight.

6 Likes

If Tyrande is the price to pay to allow us to kill Sylvanas, i’m in. I even give Genn too.

Take those three warmongers out of the story.

3 Likes

Warmongers make the story interesting. :frowning:

4 Likes

Bad writing turned Sylvanas into a villain, it’s only fair that it turn Tyrande into one too.

5 Likes

Even if she sought vengeance on everyone involved on the attack on Teldrassil she would still not be the villain, and completely justified.

Now if she ever starts murdering civilians and children, while saying stupid things like “this is war…”, then yes, she would have crossed that line…

6 Likes

Just your opinion. Tyrande is far from perfect, Anduin is far from perfect, they’re just not written in a way to show their imperfections and insecurities. Also remember you said evil not perfect.

You responded to me saying that the alliance are the good guys as the reason they don’t get interesting stories. You’d don’t have to be the bad guy to be interesting

4 Likes

That’s what I worry about. At the very least it seems she’s being posed to become the fly in the ointment instead of actually perhaps being the one who stops Sylvanas before she completes her plan. She’s been written so badly (its been a trend with a lot of female characters) in the past. I’d like for her to actually know what she’s doing against everyone’s fears and show she may be vengeful but she is control of it not it of her. But it seems she’s to be lost to it and we’ll have another female character be written to serve the plot instead of the character.

Wanna bet if Tyrande becomes a villian, the Horde will get to take her down?

No Anduin coming in to beat her and the Horde walking aways all like “its ok, you got this” we don’t care what she did".

No powerups where she destroys and entire race (well sh could do that before, but I bet we will never see it).

No just running away anytime the Horde get close.

No destroying her own cities so the Horde can have a valid win.

The Horde will get many fist bump moments if she becomes a villian where all the devs stand around screaming “For the Horde”!

11 Likes

actually
I find pretty amusing we never face Tyrande in Darkshore warfront
only Maiev
kinda makes you think what is she doing with the “night Warrior” power stuff

I honestly hope so. Its the Alliance’s turn for some turmoil. The Horde is tired of our revolving leadership

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s better for those warmongers to be out of the factions so nobody have to play as the villain.

And those three are just boring characters. Sylvanas is a plain generic villain and Genn and Tyrande are just mad “but what about muh revenge” brats.

Alliance can be and has been interesting in the absence of externally facing drama or drama between races. Just look at Vanilla Alliance questing: you can go from 1-60 seeing probably less than 6-7 Horde references and depending on which zones you do, between 0 and 5 quests actively acting against the Horde. That’s because in Vanilla the Alliance’s drama was entirely internal, with each race too occupied with its own problems to quarrel with each other or pay much mind to the Horde.

The Alliance is at its best when it’s written like that, and it could very easily be written that way again. Its member races have no fewer internal problems than they did in Vanilla, all Blizz has to do is shift focus away from the faction war and to those problems. The inane intra-faction/inter-faction drama that so many players are calling for is entirely unnecessary.

6 Likes

Thats the funniest part of this entire xpac, I commited countless acts of backstabbing and spying on the rebel scum and I get a clean sheet as if Ive never done any wrong just waiting for the next opportunity to watch something major burn down after we set it ablaze. Gallywix only had to destroy his incriminating documents and hes clean too. Geya’rah and Talanji are two power houses who also would likely have a go at war with the Alliance when the time comes again.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be Fantasy if sometimes characters didn’t turn to unbridled evil out of nowhere.

Oh gee, the exact same reasoning that Sylvanas used to assault Teldrassil. The cycle needs to end. It never will if everyone is always trying to “get theirs” as if revenge will make everything better.

Sylvanas has always only been out for herself. She’s just more recently had the power to pursue those goals more quickly.

1 Like