Blizzard stop firing your employees please

I don’t think you understand the concept of what a company is. Companies are not charity organizations. If they think they are losing by employing someone why should they keep doing it?

Its not a matter of having money or not. It is a matter of is that place worth keeping, and they seem to think that it is not.

And you do? Why do you think you are more qualified then them to decide who should they value and employ?

Do the people that got fired worked in reducing lag and chat bugs?

Why? Why should you keep paying for a service that you don’t want anymore? A company is not a charity organization, employees are there to provide a service that the company thinks is worth paying for. If they are not doing that or the service is not worth it anymore firing is clearly a must.

Oh so because they are not poor they should waste money on services that they don’t want. Awesome logic.

Unfortunately

No, it is not just occasionally, companies fire people all the time, specially big ones. If they refuse to do it they go broke. Of course you could keep someone employed out of charity, because you like that person or because its family or something, but if you want your business to be successful and competitive you should avoid doing that.

1 Like

What a delightful fantasy! It’s a shame it is nothing like reality.

OP has NO CLUE about Blizzard’s net worth, salaries, annual budget or anything else.

OP is comparing a large corporation to one person and say “Well, they have more money than me”. How silly!

I work at a large pharmaceutical company, and let me tell you, if they took coffee away from the discovery chemists, biologists and DMPK people, there would be some serious hell to pay.

Among professionals with post-graduate degrees, scientists drink the most coffee, followed closely by lawyers. Yes, some clown actually did a study about this, don’t make me dig it up.

1 Like

These are opinions, someone having wrong information or right information is just part of “here”, it’s fine.

There are no random people, people have all kinds of backgrounds and even so, business decisions are rarely rocket science-ish. it really often is long term thinking vs short term thinking.

If a company does not have a role for someone then they cannot just keep them around to do nothing.

For better or worse today’s job market is highly specialized so if you cannot do the specific jobs in question then it is not really practical to try and spend a year training you do something else, that you may or may not pick up on, when they can just hire someone else who can and train them for 3-4 months.

1 Like

Here is why CEO’s get millions: The board of directors want to hire someone with a proven track record of successfully running a company. If he does a bad job for Blizzard, the board members can say, we did our best, what else could we have done?

But if the board of directors hire an unproven person so save on the salary, if he does a poor job, the board members will be held responsible for not hiring someone with a proven track record. They will be seen as costing the company hundreds of millions so that they could save a couple million on a CEO.

Yes, Ceos that do their jobs well and don’t waste money on services that are not worth it tend indeed to get bigger bonuses.

Oh so you think that they are dumb and are wasting money on the CEO. Do you really think that you can manage their money better than them? The reason CEOs look overpayed is because they want the best person possible to run their business, and sometimes the best people ask for very high payments. A single mistake a CEO makes could cost investors millions.

That is not how it works.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Sally Struthers. Did you know that for just $15 a month, you can sponsor a starving Blizzard employee making sure they get food, clothing, and an education? That’s less than the price of one 16oz bag of Jack Links Teriyaki Jerky at Wal-Mart.

The next time you swipe that card, won’t you consider giving instead? Your donation can help save lives.

:rainbow: :innocent: :v:

3 Likes

If only that were the case, but blizzard just cuts corners. For example they laid off a bunch of customer support people. back in 2011 you submit a ticket and you have a live GM talking to you within 30-60min, make sure your issue is 100% fixed and send you off with a joke. Today you submit a ticket, wait 24 hours for a response, submit another ticket because the GM didn’t understand anything, about 3 tickets and 72 hours later someone literate might actually help you.

1 Like

Normally, I would agree with you. But whenever you have an unemployment rate below 4%, companies are forced to hire under qualified employees due to the smaller pool of available, trained workforce. Approximately 4.5% is the ideal unemployment rate because below that results in a decrease in quality of production.
I am talking pre-covid number here. This is a time of craziness, so who knows what’s what.

Oh my god I loved this so much

Sometimes you have to cut corners to survive. Which corners would you have preferred they cut?

They really do not hire unqualified people though. If the need arises they can loosen their hiring policies but there is always a group of people who specialized in a job able to do it. For example, when Blizzard fired the 600 people largely from the broadcast section and then hired a bunch of people to OW and other game development sections, there was literally no feasible way to have a bunch of people in broadcast be game designers. That is a LOT of training that would go into teaching people even the basics of game design plus the likely lack of knowledge regarding even the foundations.

In 2008 I usually waited a week for a response unless it was an urgent ticket such as an accidental misloot or a game-breaking urgent issue.

I mean they are firing a lot of people but there’s also been a mass exodus of the upper level talent to other studios

2008 mabey, but during wrath-cata it was 30-60 min.

Just have all “let go” people sign up for Dreamhaven.

Sure all CEO’s are perfect, none of them make mistakes. It was never said blizzard employee’s were underpaid or understaffed, or the fact that EA (Eletronic arts) never lost money or reputation because of their horrendous scandals or breaking mutiple laws in europe. Nah lets just pretend we live in a world where corruption doesn’t exist. Hi activision ceo that gets over 30 million dollars every year as his own personal paycheck.

Wow you pretty much summed it up at least as far as I’m concerned I am the casual and veteran player and that’s exactly what I think.

1 Like

If you had any inkling of how hard it is to do business in France you wouldn’t say that.

Nobody sets up shop in France on purpose, not even the French