Blizzard should implement a cap to the cost of respecing azerite gear

Your not really left with a choice are you. Its not efficient to constantly reforge three 415 pieces. Blizz won’t change the system. And you are really left just grinding hoping to get ideal 415 pieces.

So use the 415 pieces you do have for you main spec. And 385s for offspecs. You really have no choice but to make due.

Consider the emmisseries and wqs are being updated so at some point We’ll be able to get 400 gear from emmissaries.

Yes, it’s a bad half baked system. But the devs did it on purpose to force us to grind. So grind and pray to the rng gods. You have no other choice. In the meantime take what pieces you can get and make multiple sets. Every 3 weeks the warfront 400 is there. Every 2 weeks theres ivus. The weekly cache. Residum. Etc.

You have avenues to grind 400 pieces that’ll work well enough for multiple specs. Not perfect but they’ll do.

You don’t really have any oyher choice. No different then anyone else. Dont waste gold reforging.

yes, forget min/max’ing and play suboptimal. it doesn’t matter how many pieces of azerite gear you have or get, the traits will get nerfed to where you need to alter your choices mid raid tier. sure we carried multiple sets of gear years back - that’s why they made the last few tier sets change their bonuses so we didn’t have to grind out multiple sets… not to mention if they nerfed a bonus, you didn’t have to find new gear with the new flavor traits.

can’t y’all tell you’re playing the game wrong?!

1 Like

I feel like this is an evil Ion plot to make us play one spec. Blizzard: just give us the real talent system back if you’re going to charge us for talent changes again (cause that’s just basically what the artifact effects and azerite traits are at this point).

(This was a joke.)

1 Like

It also discourages experimentation due to cost which is why we all use raidbots now to make decisions for us. If that is your or the devs idea of good game design no wonder blizzard cant keep subs. And it also means we need a lot of different sets depending on the class if you want to maximize situational gear.

congrats you made a more boring convoluted mess to try and justify the lack of tier sets. The azerite system is one of the dumbest design philosophies ive seen from a AAA studio.

The amount of factors we have to keep in mind is insane when you combine ilvl, stats, talents with azerite. The idea that we will know exactly what to pick based on our ilvl, secondaries, talents, and traits is insane. As a result I doubt we actually even know what our stat weights are, outside of with a small combination of talents, traits, and stats.

It boggles my mind how blizzard thought any sane person would be able to balance all this out in their head. How can you balance a game with this type of system? Or even pretend to try.

2 Likes

Imagine posting the same thread like 3 days after. Calling it now. This thread is going to go down the same road where you are going to get told by multiple people to just get more azerite pieces and then you are going complain. The difference is now even 400 IL Azerite is going to be showered upon you due to the Emissary changes.

1 Like

A majority of content can be done in suboptimal traits. Not everyone is pushing 15s. I would be surprised if a majority of people in this very thread are AotC or have Keystone Master (not even Conqueror). The majority of content it straight up doesn’t matter what you wear within reason. I’ve had a 380-ish healer heal a +11 with the first 3 370 pieces of Azerite gear he got. This is only a problem if you make it one for a VAST majority of the playerbase. Frankly I either don’t switch specs in the case of my warrior/shaman or I just run around with multiple sets on my Warlock/Hunter or switch specs so infrequently that I have NEVER seen a triple digit reforge cost.

2 Likes

Why is their a cost at all? Its actually mental challenged… if their wasn’t third party websites to figure out what the best was or sim what the best is for ST or AOE. Then everyone in game would of went broke trying to figure it out. It is a dumb system and it should have 0 gold cost to reforge.

Also we should be able to change them at any rest place like we are going to be able to with our Hearth of Azeroth. That will also COST NO GOLD to change traits/essences.

1 Like

Reforging used to cost a large sum of gold any time you got an upgrade as well. Frankly I spent more gold constantly reforging my gear for hit cap than I ever did for Azerite. This was also back in MoP where there definitely wasn’t much in the ways of gold making.

Nope azerite traits are garbage just like this expansion and for anyone who does actually enjoy this hot heap of crap. I’m sure you like windex with your windows also.

I mean I do indeed like being able to see out of them so I would like them to be clean.

2 Likes

Never seen triple digit reforge costs on any characters. 6/9 M and 1400 IO. I am such a determent to my group it is just appalling. I should honestly just get /gkick’ed right now.

1 Like

If azerite traits are “garbage”, then you might as well not bother to reforge them. Just pick a generic set of of traits and use them for everything.

Ill never use the reforger. Im not top end but i do carry 1 set for each spec so no need really.

Spoken like someone who gets to primarily run with guildies who are about as geared as him.

1 Like

They’ve said that this is not how they intend for you to play, and the cost works the way it does specifically to discourage that behavior. The system is working as intended.

1 Like

Because some choices should matter.

Seems really unnecessary to me. If it should be capped, why should it cost anything at all in the first place? The reason the cost escalates is because you aren’t meant to respec Azerite gear constantly… It should be up to players to have some amount of self-control and to be capable of making good choices for their character. If you are respecing so much that it cost thousands of gold to do so…you are failing. There’s just not any good reason to need to respec so much, definitely not multiple times within a few days, after which the cost cuts in half again anyway. My cost has never once gone above 10 gold, and I’ve had zero issues.

1 Like

So Im assuming you have a monthly sub to raidbots and run countless sims so you dont have to play follow the leader with talents, stat weights, ilvl, and azerite traits?

Because unless you just copy paste from the logs there is no way you will be able to figure out your trait preference. The amount of factors involved with the azerite system screems experimentation but thanks to how convoluted it is, combined with its costs near every class is strapped to the same handful of talents and traits.

Remove the costs and let us experiment… Im sick of having to use raidbots to even consider changing talents or traits.

yeah, and some choices made for us make about as much sense as the AH charging a fee… where does that tax go - to new roads and such? hell it took them long enough to rebuild stormwind during and after cata…

1 Like

Coulda fooled me.