Blizzard should implement a cap to the cost of respecing azerite gear

are there still going to be shoulder, head and chest azerite traits? Didnt read the patch notes.

My thinking was that it would be per-piece rather than per-character, so the long cooldown wouldn’t affect the intended uses of the system. Either way though. I don’t really care what they do with it, I just know they don’t want people reforging constantly.

There is no requirement to spend gold to play a different spec.

2 Likes

If you wanna be the best you can be with that role, yes you will want to respec unless you aquire a new set, which could take a substantial amount of time.

If you honestly believe that then there’s no point in discussing this any further.

1 Like

On that we agree.

1 Like

At this point I don’t believe that Blizz knows what’s best for their game, there’s a reason why BFA has been under performing in terms of population.

Personally I think not having ridiculous respec costs would help the game seem more player friendly.

I think they do, I just think there are some external (maybe even internal) influences that decide to push these systems anyways. But at this point I’m finding it harder and harder to blame them since some seemed determined to defend unnecessary systems.

Could I get a second azerite set? Yes. Infact I have a few, there not as good, but I have some.

Will I enjoy doing so though? no. I just think it’s something that will just slow my progression to doing high level content.

Blizzard may think it’s the right thing to do by making azerite respec costs ridiculous, but that doesn’t mean I can’t criticize what they think is right like others may think.

and during this time, there id a lot of criticism that should be made towards blizzard in general.

I don’t get why players are punishing themselves while playing multiple roles. It is not a hard concept to grasp. You are supposed to have multiple azerite armor sets depending on what you wish to do for any given content.

That is basically the official stance on Azerite traits right now, for better or worse. They don’t want players swapping them often and have come right out saying you should get multiple sets for multiple specs.

I don’t agree with it, but that’s what they have said and I don’t see it changing while Azerite gear is still relevant.

We finally took a step forward with Tier gear changing with our spec only to go back two steps with Azerite gear.

2 Likes

I dont know why its a hard concept to grasp. People obviously dont want to spend more time in this garbage expansion farming multiple sets since this complaint comes up so often. Nothing would be hurt by making it more reasonable to do. All this system invites is people playing with suboptimal traits that end up hurting their group just to save some gold. The costs are obscene

The literal reason Blizzard has the cost in place is to stop people from doing exactly what you are doing. The trait reset is there to fix speccing mistakes or if a player makes a play style change, it is not meant for people to constantly min/max their situational viability.

Edit: At a certain point, just build different sets. I don’t even raid any more and I have a solid tank / dps set with optimal traits, all pieces 385 or better. I imagine a more active player has access to gear of a better quality, and more frequently than I do. It’s only three pieces, and a weapon in some cases.

A cap is sorely need for Azerite gear respecing. Don’t see why it should remain with high gold respec costs as essences will be the main progression for players in patch 8.2.

1 Like

I mean so what if that’s what Blizzard said. They also said they don’t want us obsessively simming or want us to have to go to third party sites to figure out what traits are best. Yet he we are. Testing different traits pretty much requires raidbots unless you have that kind of gold, and even if you do, why would anyone want to spend that much.

They’ve also said they don’t like players going with cookie cutter builds, but again, here we are. Blizzard says a lot of things. Just because they say something, doesn’t make it right. I mean if Blizz said “we don’t want you to play Demo right now” are we supposed to just be ok with that because they said so?

can you respec your weapons? your trinkets? your shields? that’s why azerite gear can be redone; it helps elleviate some of the mindless farming. and yes, i have separate gear sets on my other toons - but when something gets nerfed and you have to rejuggle traits on gear, it does get expensive even then.

as far as the “azerite traits don’t matter” argument, this would still be my main if that was the case…

2 Likes

It’s been said before and even blizz has said it. You are suppose to grind multiple sets of gear if you want to optimize. You are not meant to be constantly reforging.

Stop complaining when you are creating your own issues. Farm multiple sets.

And wearing sub optimal sets with lower ilvl and stats with god awful traits hurts the people you’re playing with while choosing to play worse than what you’re capable of.

There’s times I’d love to just tank on my main when queues are high to help others and I just sit there and think to myself why I should even bother. Not only will it cost me gold to go help others in lower mythic+ keys. But the system itself gives you negative returns on gold to top it off. Mythic+ is for gearing and fun and me throwing even more gold away every single time I wanna hybrid spec it up is the exact opposite of fun and really thins the heard of players willing to multispec.

I already spend thousands of gold a week or two depending on how many keys I do in repairs alone. We shouldn’t be punished for their mistakes in wod when they let people who had more time than what they knew what to do with running alt mills with garrisons and flooding the game with billions of gold.

So for those of us who didn’t abuse the wod garrison or wish to farm the auction house or resources for hours each day can at the very least get an option to play the game the way it should be.

Another alternative to the other grindy methods is to just sit in battlegrounds all day as their bag reward gives out more gold than dungeon runs and takes less time.

Yet places like mythic+ won’t even give you enough return to repair a single deaths worth of durability loss.

I’ve spent more gold in this half year (over a million) than I have in 4-5 expansions worth of content and some auction house purchases along the way.

This silly mindset and decision they made on azerite gear is the reason why we have tank and healer shortages. This didn’t become a problem until they made it one.

Lots of dps multispec and by trying to force them to hang onto lower ilvl azerite gear to play a spec sub optimally you just end up with the dps players that have that option not even bothering to do so.

But since i run with a core group 95% of the time I don’t have to suffer through the long waits others do thanks to the stupid decision to try and drain players gold with a mistake they made 2 expansions ago. At the very least I hope that’s the reason, because the other reason would be to sell more game tokens by starving out people who don’t play the game 6-8 hours a day or sit in front of the auction house not playing the game.

1 Like

B4 azerite gear existed people who wanted to optimize would collect completely different sets. Because each spec has different stat priorities. Azerite gear is no different.

We can get gear easily enough. And if you raid and clear regularly you should be getting ample drops to build up multiple sets.

You are choosing to waste gold. The system is designed as it is. Collect multiple sets and optimize like any other normal person.

Blizz isn’t going to change anything like you want them to.

Its not a good system. But it works into the time played metric. Blizz wants you to grind for hrs to get the optimal drops for each spec. So you can jump through the hoop to be optimal. Or use what you can get with multiple sets. Or only play 1 spec.

1 Like

If it hasn’t become obvious yet after all this time I’ll just say it. Very, very few people raid at a heroic or higher level and even less actually full clear the content.

Azerite gear is very different to normal gear. Because if one of your best pieces is a dungeon one you have to spend 3 weeks or more to buy a single random piece or wait months to get enough to pick your perfect piece that could be changed at any point and invalidate it. Normal gear is easily farmed and has a lot less impact on your spec if it ends up with only half of your best secondaries. A bad azerite piece is a bad azerite piece no matter the ilvl and making it slightly less worse by downgrading anywhere from 15 to 45 ilvl in 3 slots isn’t a good answer.

By the time you save up enough residuum to buy 2 perfect azerite pieces at average keystone completion levels from the vendor an entire raid tier will have come and gone in that time along with balance passes. So I hope you can understand now just how silly that comparison is.

I’ve been completing 10-16 range keys each week since s2 started and have got 4ish 415 azerite pieces to show for it with most of of them not being the perfect one I need but perfect for my offspecs. So when I do play the off spec I’m forced to spend the gold because I don’t have a duplicate of said piece.

I guess I could go get all my perfect trait rolled pieces for my 15 range keys. But then I’d be sitting in a hard key with a bunch of 370 azerite gear on

/rollseyes

No, they probably won’t. But they are actively hurting their players more than they’re helping with such a silly system.

I said what I needed to say and I’m done with the conversation. My opinion is that the system itself is silly and yours differs so there’s simply nothing else to say here.