Blizzard says 80%+ will quit and that's why layering is needed

How about a cute bunny…

1 Like

The Black Knight Takes on Layering!

EDIT: Watching this, the Black Knight reminds me of so many people arguing on the forums. No matter how much you tear holes in the arguments, they keep claiming they’re invincible.

Pago already posted it. Perhaps you should at least attempt to formulate your own opinion rather than just accept whatever opinion is spoon-fed to you and called yours. You think you do, but you don’t - some guy giving people opinions.

It’s easy to say the sky is blue because god made it that way, but does that really explain why it is blue?

The fact that I agree with someone else’s reasoning doesn’t mean “I’m just accepting it”. It means their reasoning is sound, and justified.

Blind stubborn refusal to accept sound reasoning is no better than blind faith.

Well, that’s a lie. “God” didn’t make the sky blue, its the reflective properties of light through water vapor.

If someone is about to drive off a cliff, do you tell them they are about to drive off a cliff, or do you just let them drive off a cliff? They are insisting that Wal-Mart is that way, and everyone else is saying no stop, turn around, there’s a cliff there, would you stand by them that wal-mart is that way, and perhaps even encourage them to keep going that way?

Given how much I’m telling you that not Layering is a path to destruction, I think the answer is clear.

The difference here between all your examples and the truth, is that there are good reasons to Layer the realms in the first few weeks. But you can’t acknowledge that those issue are real, because then it would undermine your stubborn refusal.

There is evidence to the contrary, according to the recorded subscribers timeline. Subs are and have been in decline, ever since all of these convenience oriented changes (QOL) were made. It’s not a coincidence. Well, enjoy your ride ^.^

1 Like

So…

You’re claiming that Sharding, which was introduced in 2014, caused subs to decline in 2008? Man, it really must be a bad apple.

Could, perhaps, just maybe, a multitude of different factors have reduced subs over the intervening 6 years?

Is that what I claimed? Is that what you read? Or, is that some argument you built up yourself so you can argue with yourself?

1 Like

The only QoL change we’re talking about here is Layering. If you’re conflating everything else, that pretty much makes your argument irrelevant to Layering.

Let’s break some albatross and make nice.

Ah, so layering is a QOL change? You are right, layering is part of the qol changes that have caused subs to decline. Another thing I really disliked about the whole thing was having my hard earned levels bastardized. I sorta figured at the time that everyone who ever played it would have to go through the same trials and tribulations if they wanted to ever get where I was. It made the accomplishment feels so much more real. Nowadays all your levels and work is pretty much nullified each and every patch and expansion.

Or they’ll just never play a Blizzard game again, since Classic is their last hope in the company and if they screw it up…good riddance forever.

I for instance, think it was the introduction of Goblins and Worgen that led to subs decline, because you know after they were introduced, subs started going down :O)

Not in gameplay, but in Launch conditions, yes, its most definitely a QoLaunch change.

No-one who was there said waiting in a queue was fulfilling. That’s just trash.

Totally. And the “Southern Barrens” is directly responsible for subs declining too. Segregation turns people away.

Then there is the dam breaking and in Loch Modan too, and of course Pandas

Eloraell, you’re a self proclaimed BfA player who expressed having no interest in playing Classic long term. We get it, no amount of persuasion is going to change your mind because you’re indifferent to the game succeeding. Layering sucks, there are other alternatives for people who plan to stay long term. Those solutions don’t accommodate tourists (ie you) - we’re fine them, you’re not for obvious reasons.

2 Likes