Blizzard says 80%+ will quit and that's why layering is needed

So using those numbers, subscribers would be:

5.6mil * 0.7 = 3,920,000 subscribers.

Not bad. Better than most…

Really wish that you BfA players would stick to your containment game and stop trying to ruin the fun for normal people. Layering is awful, get rid of it.

I really wish you private server “No-changers” wouldn’t have cried about sharding incessantly to the point that Blizzard created this layering tech that is far worse than sharding.

:man_shrugging:

That’s not very nice :nail_care:

The private server crowd is a train wreck if you want my opinion on that subject. They, more than anymone, have been wailing complaints about differences between vanilla and their realms

The majority of malcontent people are just guys who use to play the game and know/remember why it was good. You don’t play a game for years then suddenly forget what ruined it. Stuff like layering is what ruined it

Protecting the integrity of the game’s economic and social systems is a pretty basic component of wanting the game to not suck

3 Likes

Imagine linking long debunked FF14 numbers to prove your version of WoW that isn’t even out yet will be more popular.

On topic:

My day 1 WoW experience didn’t consist of fighting people for quest mobs. Layering will be more authentic than the server rush that is going to happen.

And technology has advanced by an even greater magnitude than the wow population in that amount of time. In 2006 they had about 5 million people playing on 2004 - 06 hardware. Now with 2019 hardware, which has about doubled in efficacy every year, they can’t hold 1 million more people reliably?

With the same amount of (new and updated) servers as in 2006 they should be able to hold 50+ million people.

They probably could hold many thousand more players on one server, if they wanted to. Hell, Layering is a technology that allows that… oh wait…

Nope, they had over 5 million people in 2006, no need for layering back then.

Ahh, you’re one of those people. Who argue individual points one by one, without allowing anyone to point out the flaw in your plan, when all the points come together.

Yes, processors are faster and cloud tech could put far more people onto a single server at once.

And it would not be an authentic experience, it would be a horrible Private Server experience.

So… you’re a #Changer then.

You do realize that sub count was higher in 2006 than it is today right? If I’m a #changer your a #raidfinderkiddie

Let’s call this exciting debate a draw…

3 Likes

Yes. I do realise that. It was my point. We need layering, because the sub count is higher for Retail. And so while all those people temporarily check it out, we need Layering to ensure that the realms have enough long term players on each one, while leaving enough temporary room for the tourists, without significant queues.

You can’t solve the Queues issues without Layering or More Servers, and you can’t solve the Dead Realms problem without Layering or Queues.

So far the only solution anyone’s come up with to solve Queues and Dead Realms is Layering, and it was Blizzard who came up with it.

Layering protects Classic from Tourists. That’s its primary goal.

Nah, you are mistaken “we” includes retail players that want convenience and acti-bizz that’s wants to save money, everyone else is excluded. “We” are not in the same boat darling.

1 Like

Frankly I’m thinking the only people that will be left on “classic” by the time layering is removed are the people currently paying for BFA. Cause they don’t give a crap about all that unnecessarily new age Blizz crap. The old timers are just going to get sick of it and hop back on a pserver somewhere.

2 Likes

You won’t be missed.

Sure. You can go back to your Private Server. It’ll make layering disappear faster.

I know, I can do what I want, and I don’t need you telling me what I can and can’t do. DON"T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!

backs away slowly and checks the taser

Tasers and mace don’t work on me, they already tried it.