Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

It really is insane how often I give out my ssn regarding paperwork. But then again I deal with medical stuff a lot.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

This Nigerian prince would like a copy of said documents. For security purposes only of course. I firmly believe all much be protected.

This is true

I donā€™t know how it would have any affect on people in Korea seeing how Social Security Numbers are only specific to people in the U.S.

2 Likes

oh the under the bridge crew, I get it now. lol

Image a wow force sorta like the space force.

/s tho lol.

Wonder-dummy OP. I donā€™t live in the US (thankfully) and I donā€™t have a SSN.
So you want to ban 85% of all players (Europe, Australia, Asia).

Please be a young kid. It would explain a lot about this post.

1 Like

No more than 3 times in a year, 10 times in your lifetime. If youā€™ve lost your Social Security card more than ten times, you have bigger issues.

Itā€™s actually pretty easy. In most cases, it can be done online via the SSA website.

I somehow doubt this very much.

And for what itā€™s worth, the SSA will tell you that as long as you know your SSN, you donā€™t really need the card anyway.

That would be a good way to get your ID and sec # stolen, all because of a simple game. If that happened, you will see a good amount of players leave WOW. Please think before commenting. This is just a game.

I tried to a few years back - I needed a birth certificate, which was lost at the time, we found it.

To get a new birth certificate, I needed an ID, whichā€¦ is why I needed the social security card.

It wasā€¦ a mess. I found the Birth/SSC, but it was silly. They like to give you the runaround.

1 Like

Because of Blizzard monitoring system and monitors would love to see this happen, or they have not found this thread yet. I am betting it is the first ones.

Also,

It is not illegal to laminate your Social Security card. Doing so compromises some of its security features*, though, so they recommend against it.

*This came as news to me; I was unaware it had security features. I spent my entire adult life thinking it was glorified construction paper.

1 Like

Iā€¦ think Iā€™ve heard this spiel before somewhere.

Is that you Gen. Ripper?

cool

Youā€™re making the assumption that people who do botting and boosting wonā€™t stoop to using other peopleā€™s SS or other identification numbers who are easily accessible.

1 Like

I never said it was illegal. :stuck_out_tongue:

They tell you on the SSA website not to laminate your card cause it may make it unuseable for identification purposes by the government. (As the security features they mention are things like color-shifting ink and hidden images that lamination would prevent them from seeing).

Itā€™s silly either way.

Well yeah, but iā€™m talking about the whole ā€œGovernment needing your ID in order to internetā€ thing.

Well yes. People put real life money into this game and thereā€™s plenty of real information and credit card info tied to accounts. Itā€™s safe to assume if you want to make drastic changes to your account, youā€™re going to need to prove your identity or status.

Guy not wrong. Should require minimum credit score of 750. No degenerate gamers!!

1 Like

How dystopian.

Iā€™m going to play along with this troll thread just for fun.

Isnt Lost Arc infested with bots.