Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

Hey all, I am someone who plays A LOT of Korean titles. My favorite one being Lost Ark.

On Lost Ark KR servers, we require ALL players to provide proof of Social Security ID or some form of Government ID.

As a result this has DRAMATICALLY reduced:

• Trolling

• Boosting

• RMT

• Bots

WoW in 2022 is infested with all of these issues, and a simple Mobile authenticator is NOT going to be stopping bad actors from causing dissent within the community.

There NEEDS to be tighter and stricter security measures in place, and SSID allows Blizzard to PERMA-BAN anyone at their choosing from ALL Blizzard-based products + Take Legal Action if they choose to do so.

This will allow for a more pure and wholesome player experience.

13 Likes

Dear god no.

123 Likes

How are you not banned?

Or did you just…um…return?

56 Likes

It’s a small price to pay for a peace of mind.

5 Likes

Opens thread
Ignored content
Closes thread

34 Likes

Y’all remember when they were going to make the forums use RealID to effectively accomplish the same thing?

35 Likes

I think if it was problematic enough, banning their account is a decent solution. If they come back then they do so with nothing.

2 Likes

You scare me a little bit…

13 Likes

But some people’s subs are paid for by parents. You want mom or dads social security numbers? How would that help?

4 Likes

i love muting posts like these…lol.

8 Likes

Parents will be responsible for their child’s actions, as they SHOULD be.

5 Likes

Yeah. Sure you do.

7 Likes

Yeah! And while we’re add it let’s make the Blizzard Authenticator mandatory and add facial recognition to it!

3 Likes

“Mom, you’ve been banned from world of warcraft”

“ok whatever, don’t forget to take out the trash”

23 Likes

That’s because in Korea, you need to register with the Government to use the internet.

8 Likes

That would be so illegal you’d wake up the next morning to discover all of your favorite games were offline. ABK would get nuked in a split second.

4 Likes

How is this not already a thing?

Imagine a world where blizz actually moderated their forums by booting the trolls.

It would be glorious.

41 Likes

I’ll one up you - lets require a DNA sample.

Anyone can get a SSN look at all the people working illegally in the US…

6 Likes

Thats a data breach waiting to happen :grimacing:

15 Likes