Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

You have it because of internet trolls? Bit weird bro

Youā€™d be surprised at what lengths someone is willing to go to destroy anothers life, even trolls.

Yea, letā€™s put a bigger target on the players, then they can steal our gold AND our bank accounts!

OP, will you hurry up and quit? Iā€™ll pay you to skip trolling the forums, all Iā€™ll need is your SSNā€¦

7 Likes

Goes back to the dumb decision of Blizz/Activision to lay off the majority of their CMs and support staff. Canā€™t worry about customer service if you donā€™t have any, right?

As a very legitimate Nigerian prince i would like his ssn too

7 Likes

Because we canā€™t stop electing idiots. And that applies to all political parties across the entire political spectrum.

2 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

Bold isnā€™t meant to be used for every single line in your post.

1 Like

I am literally eating popcorn right now while reading this thread. #winning

1 Like

Gaslighting, itā€™s a popular troll posting style

1 Like
  1. Not everyone is in a country that gives SSNs.
  2. Iā€™m not trusting Blizzard with my SSN. Theyā€™ve had a few data breaches in the past, and if that included things like peopleā€™s SSNs? No thanks. Lmao.

That said, Iā€™m having trouble finding any evidence any Korean Lost Ark servers require SSNs. Every source I can find online says they require a phone number, they verify the phone number with an actual phone call, then if you break rules, your phone number is permanently banned from the game.

If youā€™re referring to requiring SSN to access the internet - thatā€™s a Korean Government thing, not Lost Ark, as a few posters mentioned before.

Iā€™m still flabbergasted they give us a tiny piece of cardboard when weā€™re born that weā€™re expected to keep safe our entire life, but we arenā€™t allowed to laminate it, and if someone steals it, they can steal our identity.

And the best part is you can only replace it a limited amount of times in your life, and itā€™s incredibly difficult to replace, and outright impossible for some people.

1 Like

Normally you donā€™t just a book by itā€™s cover, but when the book is called ā€œPlease require a social security to play a gameā€, i donā€™t need to read it to know this is a bad idea.

ā€¦And yet you keep coming back to WoW.

Yup, itā€™s your favorite alright. You favorite so much that you just come back to a game you hate just to tell us how much you love lost ark that you donā€™t even fully play it.

Nothing says a smart business decision that ensures the livelihood of the game in the near future like limiting the amount of players who can play it. /s

Players, because not everybody has a social security account.

ā€¦Because as we know, trolls never have social security benefits. Biden has said ā€œTrolls get no social security benefitsā€ after he fallen up the stairs the 15th time. :laughing: /s

And youā€™re doing a fantastic job of contributing to one of those issues.

Youā€™re making a suggestion that targets anybody indiscriminately, meaning, by your own suggestion, this will perma-ban you too. And this wouldnā€™t even guarantee this ā€œwholesomeā€ WoW experience (which mind you also has trolls or has attitudes that is considered toxic today) anyways. Plus, Video game publishers want all the money they can get, and they are not going to ban peopleā€™s SSID for whatā€™s often hearsay.

So with all due respect, I say no, because this is a terrible idea for everybody.

No they shouldnā€™t. They should teach the child how to take responsibility. A person should be responsible for their own actions, and last time i check, a child (whether an actual child or an adult), is a person.

55% to 45%. An oddly alarming ratio here.

To anybody who actually do live in Korea, does this actually stop botting in games? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Please, donā€™t give Blizzard any stupid ideas.

1 Like

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/692/321/490.jpg

1 Like

Oh heā€™s back.

And no thank you.

(no cookie)

10 Likes

ā€¦is that even legal?

1 Like

How is this blatant troll thread even still up? You want people to become doxed and then have real life threats against them from playing a game.

2 Likes

I guess you failed to read Inappropriate under forum violations in its entirety Op.

Distribution of Real-Life Personal Information

Is a violation of that since your social security number IS real life personal information.

1 Like

Yes, and also, please make everyone send Jibbles their credit card number and the whacky 3 digits on the back. This is necessary to play the game, trust me.

1 Like