Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

Man if blizz had to webcam me during play id purposely play naked.

2 Likes

LMAO just no get out of here authoritarian tyrants

When I closed my first blizzard account, I had to show proof of birth certificate.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing lost ark recently and i wonder if the botting problem is as bad on the Korean servers as they are on US servers. I donā€™t know if a SS number would dramatically reduce it, but maybe that could help.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s completely ridiculous.
This is a video game and you need to prove to them that your marriage is legit for a RealID name change.

Yes I doā€¦ and Iā€™ve changed my mind on itā€¦ I used to be against it.

You can change your first name yourself, but your last name requires proof to Blizzard. Usually legal documents such as a court document or marriage license.

Change of country now has a self help tool, but that is limited and you may also have to provide documentation.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7656

Getting an account back after losing access usually requires Govt issued photo ID as well now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/26516

As for the OP. Heck no.

Yeah, closing a Bnet account means removing all paid licenses, content, progress, etc. They donā€™t do that lightly and want to make sure the person who is making the request is the legit account holder. They donā€™t want a malicious party permanently deleting your account.

8 Likes

Ugh, hell no. A gaming studio has no business with my SSN. None.

4 Likes

But whereā€™s the fun in that? lol this one gets a 6/10 just cause we got so many humourous responses!! :smile:

This is a horrible take. Our SSN should not be used to play a game. I know youā€™re just trolling, but do a better job at it

2 Likes

Hmmm no, absolutely stupid idea.

Youā€™re not even funny OP

1 Like

Entertainment not a bank loan

Ok yeah it was my first and middle a couple of years ago. Last time I changed my last name, was 2009, I honestly canā€™t remember if I had to do anything out of the ordinary at that time or not, if so it was just my DL. Thank you for the clarification! :heart:

1 Like

he says this as he has been trolling for forums due to something called no life syndrome sadness.

Good reason not to play Lost Fart lol. Social Security number to play a videogame. Thanks for the laugh op :rofl:

You are legally not allowed to use SSNs in this manner. Technically, every use of SSN (aside from payroll) as an identifier is disallowed.

The answer to bad behavior is for Blizzard (the corporation) to invest in the personnel to handle in-game shenanigans. You canā€™t automate CMs. There needs to be real people to handle real situations in real-time. Until Blizzard does that, there is nothing that will stop bad behavior except players simply ignoring the bad actor and seeking out players who share your in game goals who are not toxic.

2 Likes

I have Lifelock identity protection, because I know there are people like the op in the world lol.

1 Like

I thought you and your friends quit for Lost Ark?

2 Likes

Yeah, no. Rather not have my tax information even more susceptible to identity theft and hacking. Bad enough the credit reporting agencies are terrible as is.

Besides, Blizz can already permaban as they determine based on their EULA