Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

You can take that request and shove it. Blizz is never getting my ssn.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not Sunday.

4 Likes

Its paytoskip, everyday is Sunday just like it is for those other posters who shall not be named.

3 Likes

A. This is a troll.
B. This kind of person is how/why atrocities happen in the world by the government. Folks practically beg for it.

1 Like

i enjoy these posts op keep them coming we need more on the forums. tired of the healers need to dps threads.

6 Likes

Another enjoyable Paytoskip thread

Do people in other countries all have Social Security Numbers? I thought that was part of the New Deal under Roosevelt? Iā€™m assuming they mostly all have something similar for identifying people. Honestly curious what other systems there are.

1 Like

Did you know that Blizzard actually does ask for Passport/Government ID and require Notary service to prove that the account is rightfully yours?

And no. Itā€™s not a troll. They actually do.

1 Like

Good news yā€™all, weā€™ve upgraded our software where you must place a drop of blood on the screen so you can log in.

Also, we have these handy dandy IQ tests for you to pass prior to joining a battleground

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

Honestly have no clue what iq i have. I also hate tests so guess Iā€™m screwed :frowning:

1 Like

A friend wanted to change her last name on her account because she got married and was updating her informationā€¦ Blizzard requires you to include a pdf or photo of your marriage license to change it.

Seriously.
This is a thing.

We dont have social security numbers in Australia, we have numbers for if your on welfare, and numbers for the tax office but both are replacable with a simple form.

1 Like

4 Likes

Iā€™m 22 and my dad pays for my sub lol and I have ZERO shame about it. He loves to group up with me and do dungeons together since I donā€™t see him often. Would you require the SSN if someone else decided to buy me WoW time? A friend got me 2 60-day game cards. Do you want their SSN too?Requiring SSNā€¦ Itā€™s a situation where nobody wins. I mean, since youā€™re a troll account anyway, maybe we should implement to get you off these forums.

Ok so if you, for example, wanted to open a new bank account or get a credit check done they would use that number?

How so?

2 Likes

Neither of those numbers are used its name and date of birth for credit checks.

New accounts are 100 points of ID like drivers license birth certificate passport another card with the same bank etc.

1 Like

YES PLEASE. Also force all players to have to play with a webcam so Blizzard can monitor you IRL. Also please make it to where we need to send in a blood sample so they have our DNA on record that way if weā€™re toxic they can clone and replace the person with a non-toxic clone.

9 Likes

Hmm, not saying it isnā€™t now, but a couple of years ago when I got a name change, I was able to log in on Bnet and change it np. If they have changed it, thatā€™s really interesting!

I have had to provide my ID for other issues with my account before though.

ok, gotcha.

Here they do everything with the SSN and another ID to more of less just confirm itā€™s your SSN when the name matches.

FYI to anyone who thinks this is a real thread, BTW, Lost Arc doesnā€™t require a SSN.

3 Likes