Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

It’s hilarious that this particular ingrate still has a sub-50 post count because all of this threads get deleted almost immediately lol

I’ve rarely seen such a low quality troll.

8 Likes

Kinda depends on who is deciding on who the trolls are.

The people cheering it on might not be so happy if I were the one deciding :slight_smile:

While many parents let their kids play wow as early as 4 years old, they are responsible enough to not get their kids a smartphone until at least 10.

1 Like

13 Likes

All I have seen is a poll on it . Most are against it

As for businesses the only ones I know that are allowed are employers when filling out paper work when hired and banks depending on transaction amount . Other then that Government can ask or it .

Lost ark doesn’t fall into any of those .

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Potential identity theft vs. “peace of mind” in a video game? Seriously?

2 Likes

whatever happened to ralph? that guy was an expert at starting and keeping troll threads going. the forum trolls have really gone downhill since he left

2 Likes

Well, it the US, it’s actually quite illegal to use a Social Security Number as a form of identification.

4 Likes

Not sure, he hasn’t been seen 'round these parts in a hot minute.

Nowadays we just have the T&T identity trolling and Humanbeak doing whatever it is he feels like doing that day.

and this clown, I guess. He’s pretty recent though, I doubt he’ll last long.

6 Likes

humanbeak is weird, but i have a strange attachment to him because i was here for his first ever troll post as tupac, when he was still trying to figure himself out. unfortunately his trolling hasn’t improved at all since, despite a lot of work

11 Likes

I mean I won’t be here for that horrible idea.

I think I understand the good intent you mean here. However, giving my Social Security number to another American large corporation, not ideal. They can have my credit card info but not something that can be easily used to steal my identity.

2 Likes

Huh, I either forgot that connection or never knew lol

1 Like

There are 27 authorized uses.

Growing up and going to college in the 90s, my ssn was pasted in front of all my grade postings. The data breach has already happened.

All of this is moot until the US is even capable of passing comprehensive digital identity laws such as the EU’s GDPR. We can’t even get our vaunted representation to agree whether Marc Zuckerberg is a robot from the future. You would think this should be solved by now with the number of appearances he has made in Congress.

We have very few real protections in the US because we’re too incompetent to pass legislation that is difficult to write.

2 Likes

That and the people in charge are more interested in lining their pockets like Russian Oligarchs

2 Likes

:popcorn: :panda_face: :cup_with_straw:

1 Like

Popcorn panda drink

2 Likes

People are writing a book called “101 Ways To Kill WoW”.

:panda_face:

3 Likes

No no and no. That’s a recipe for identity theft and a whole lot of other problems.

3 Likes