Blizzard, PLEASE require a Social Security # to play WoW

No, that is just one more place where your SSN# could be compromised. Nothing about forcing someone to share their most important personal information is “wholesome”.

Lol wut?

:question:

FYI, Blizz does not have my credit card info. They bill what I call my money firewall. (MF) then my MF pays them with my permission. MF has the permission to charge my credit card. I use MF for any online purchases.

this is a hackers dream.
then again this a paytoskip thread sooooo.

1 Like

Way to kill any respect in the 2nd sentence.

That’s weird. I was living in Europe when my SSN was issued, and had no problem getting a replacement card last month. Maybe the process has changed since you replaced yours.

LOL how about no? This is a game, not a job. They’d lose a lot of players with a dumb rule like that. I wouldn’t give my personal info to a game company. Heck, I don’t like giving my credit card info to game companies. A lot of games seem to have account security issues, which is why I like to buy prepaid cards for my Switch, or pay gold for my WoW game time etc. Companies cannot be trusted with our private information.

I suppose you want to hook up the game with a breathalyzer too. Well, …hic! I couldn’t play anymore in that case.

That is the truth. Their government is requiring this. Not Lost Ark. A gaming companies rules do not override the government laws. OP is making up lies that you people are believing.

Lost Ark requires your phone number which is tied to your ss# in Korea. He isnt lying, more bending the truth lol.

If Blizzard will require a ssn to play a video game, then I am out :wave:

2 Likes

No No and No, Did I mention NO!

You may be on to something, as crazy as that may sound.

I think they should only allow posting on a single avatar that is linked to your bnet account like all of their other message boards.

No talking trash and hiding like so many waste of oxygen fools tend to do, like you.

This simple change will cut down on pointless posts, like every one you have ever made, and will ever make in the future.

What do you think about that idea Pay$ To Skip?

1 Like

Who’s peace of mind?

sure as hell not mine.

Pretty much…

Omg nooo. Your personal security is so much more important than a video game.

1 Like

I have a simple solution. Do not play Lost Ark! You must be very “brave” to entrust your SSN to Korean servers.

Absolutely not. I’m don’t even give my social to doctors offices. I am certainly not going to give my social to a flippin’ game company. You’ve lost your Ook Dookin mind.

Wait lost ark ask for your Social?? LOL peace of mind my left butt cheek I will have to check my credit report to the end of time to find out of Ming’Po Chan bought a house at the address

Gyeonggi-do Ansan-si Daebunam-dong 159
Other Gyeonggi do, Gyeonggi do, South Korea

and yes that is a real house for sale over there for 2.1 million