Blizzard, please fix instance farming tactics that screw the economy

honestly i don’t remember that well,lol, I know there was a mob type that did drop 1 g or something, but that could have been later in BC/Wrath even.

What? You don’t remember back in vanilla when they used sharding? That’s why they’re using it again in Classic, because sharding is obviously authentic, that way we can still use the argument that Blizzard is keeping everything 100% authentic so we can’t manage the economy either.

Makes perfect sense.

I’m #nosharding but to pretend that there aren’t legitimate issues that sharing may/may not fix is either dense or disingenuous.

This same logic is why I made this post.

We all have our own opinions, my opinion is that instance farming on a mass scale by mages and hunters is going to hurt us in the end.

Some people are accusing me of being mad that another class will have an edge over me. Believe me, they won’t, since I will be using these methods if they’re available.

They don’t do one or the other, they do both. Farming in the real game is their active income while stealing accounts is their passive income. They did both at the same time for many years. In all my time from vanilla to Wrath, there were in-game gold farmers, albeit far more during vanilla and around Wrath they played the AH more than anything.

Private servers are currently being bombarded by gold sellers as we speak. It’s the same industry that attacked the retail game, guess what methods they use? Both, they farm in game and steal people’s accounts. That’s why you can’t submit a GM ticket unless you have 2FA security on your account.

Gold sites will use these farming methods in Classic.

Well if you think about it, removing the farming “exploits” of instances would a) remove a source of gold that the goldsellers were enjoying, and b) force goldseller farmers out into the open world where players could disrupt them. I enjoyed ganking gold farmers in Tyrs Hand back in the day.

no.

you are confusing actual players with gold sellers.

yes. because players are buying gold online, giving access to their account. once that happens, the account is stolen and IT is farmed for any and all gold it may have. the gold is then recycled through their own system and then advertised for more sales.

all of their gear is sold, any gold they may have saved up, mats or anything else. everything is sold and turned into currency. the characters are also deleted and new ones are made.

are you honestly claiming that gold sellers are leveling characters? even so much as to ‘grind high level content’? you have no idea what you are talking about.

the common ‘level 1’s spread out on the ground to spell out an ad’, is not an illusion.

people buy gold so often that these sites (sellers) are not AT ALL suffering from lack of methods. they dont need to take any time to level, gear up- just to grind high level dungeons. 10 suckers alone provide what they need to keep themselves running.

the ONLY way to truly stop that kind of thing, is to perma ban the people buying gold online for their account. get rid of the account outright.
but blizzard would never do that and nor will any psever. they care more about manipulating numbers than protecting the players.

1 Like

Make an alt for farming like mostly everyone else had by that point, and understand that you got soft over the years. Its ok. We still love you

2 Likes

Can you provide any more info on the Un’goro farm? I’ve been putting together a personal list of farming areas but I’m not familiar with Un’goro having a good grey item farm.

Here is what I know of in Un’goro

• Devilsaur leather
  • Gorilla farm (Tuft of Gorilla Fur, Gorilla Fang, Blues)
  • Hive Farming (not great gp/hour)
  • Thorium Ore
  • Rugged Leather
  • Living Essence + Herbs

I’d be very interested in trying out a new farm in Un’goro if you can provide any info. I have a few 60s on private servers I can do some grinding with over the next couple weeks to test some things out.

Im not sure why you think inflation screws over new players as they receive the most benefit from it. Inflation is great in games unless you plan on leaving the game while rich and coming back much later still expecting to be rich.

Having farmers in instances is also much nicer so that when a regular person wants to farm for a bit here and there they can do so in peace without competition from so many other people. Not everyone has the luxury of being on all the time, if all the good farming spots cant be taken that is best for the average player.

1 Like

No, because early questing and vendor trash doesn’t scale with the economy. You can argue that they benefit from selling low level gear but that doesn’t much apply in Vanilla as there’s no transmog etc.

I think the greatest issue is that it would change Classic and its feel, appeal. Maybe not to many but to the few who remember doing it all the time it would take affect. There were large economic rewards for people who farmed as so. Could it make things more “fair”? Maybe. But they could also use/extort the same farming techniques also. I guess we shall see.

When there is inflation, greens inflate too, even low level ones. Although generally if your trying to make a bit of coin off the start selling some low level herbs or ore is the way to go to have all the gold you could want.

Did you ever start over on a mature server in vanilla? I had more gold than I knew what to do with and full 16 slot bags by level 20 when I did it. You really only need to spend money on skills and mounts, the rest you can get by playing the game and it much easier for anyone to make skill/mount money when the economy is inflated.

I was saving for my mount since like level 10 hehe. Nice thing about classic was you could choose to spend your gold, silver, copper however you pleased and it actually effected your characters outcome and your leveling experience. You could go to AH and buy a blue item that gave a big advantage and it would help you level or quest quicker. Or save it for a mount which speed things up even more. Changing the dynamics/files in the game that have long term effects is a must not in my opinion. As far as certain interface changes and “easy of life” changes that’s a different story; but this isn’t an “easy of life” when you really look at it.

The thing that wasn’t mentioned about instance farms is a lockout of 5 per hour and a lot of these farms take minutes to complete. Therefore, you don’t get as much money as you did prior to the instance cap put in later in vanilla. This is a legit tactic used by private servers to sell gold.

Additionally, the people who spend hours on end doing these farms should be rewarded. Making gold less accessible in classic isn’t the best idea. People know other farms that weren’t mentioned that net massive amounts of gold.

Explain to me how buying gold = giving access to their account.

1 Like

I don’t understand how farmers stole accounts, they sent you gold via mail box in vanilla…
Not like I know just heard for others…

I suspect Moonblade is confusing the selling of only gold with the selling of character leveling.

1 Like

They also ask you to put items on the AH for a certain gold amount and buy the item from you. They absorb the fee as apart of their service.

for someone so against them you seem to know alot about their business.

What if? What if?!?