Blizzard, please fix instance farming tactics that screw the economy

The entire idea behind Blizzard releasing Classic WoW is so we can play the game like it was before.
If you made the argument that we should #nochange the entire game and start off with 1.0 and go through each of the patches like it happened with each nerf and buff respectively you would have a credible argument.

But the idea that because Blizzard patched and fixed things along the way in vanilla than BLizzard MUST continue to patch and fix things beyond what they did back before TBC in order to be considered true Vanilla is absurd and I can only assume you are trolling.

4 Likes

I’m not asking for patching and fixing things. I’m asking for the same level of active control of the gold economy to produce the kind of gold generation pace we had in Vanilla and for the same reasons they managed the gold economy back then. This isn’t patch fixing in the sense you’re talking about.

That said, I imagine they will just leave it alone like you say. Why? Because it’s cheaper to do nothing than to do something.

Well lets hope for the majority of the player’s sake they don’t “fix” (break) it.

2 Likes

the impression, which is clear, is that people hope that blizzard will include tokens as a means to limit and control the market. creating dependence, if you will.

players need gold. for almost everything. ammo, food, crafting and thats just the basics. thats not including riding, mounts/flight paths etc.
most of which are sustainable’s. things you will need to buy over and over.

look at it from a social point of view. when people have no access to money, they result to stealing or…welfare.

and guess which one people like the op are hoping to be the result?

-_-

Right, but unless you think Blizzard is lying when they say they do not allow tokens to alter the amount of gold on a server in either direction (source or sink), what level of control they can do with tokens is very limited with regards to controlling a gold economy. Do you think they are lying? Do you think they use these tokens as sources or sinks to manage the total amount of gold on a server?

No changes.

I’m looking forward to doing some of these farms double boxing a rogue / druid. I never got the chance to try any of them in actual vanilla.

2 Likes

fluctuation aside due to game version and im sure that would be determined, a token can be bought with real money and sold for in game coin.

i am not saying that blizzard has lied about anything, in regards to that. what i am saying is that players wish to purposely create situations that will leave open the possibility for a valid argument in their inclusion and as long as their argument for lack of gold methods remains true, then they believe that they are that much further in the door.

if i dont create a fake statistic, then how will people believe i am a victim of anything? even if that means i have to advocate for that very outcome on the sly.

Nah, you pick the right spots and vendor trash flows. I liked to farm in Silithus, EPL, and - if you’re a skinner - Ungoro

1 Like

ungoro also has the highest silver drop in the world. with trash and such.

Ah I was unaware of that, I typically stick to grinding small camps like Silithus or EPL stuff - I like to get a rhythm down of killing 5-8 mobs and then eating/bandaging and starting fresh on the cycle as they re spawn.

There’s good money to be had with some sort of dragons in the Badlands as well - and that was without being a skinner.

1 Like

yes. they had an item that dropped, which could be sold to a vendor for over 40+ silver. i will find the item if i can and let you know.

any gathering profession was a big help. skinning was just easier, if you were grinding for that trash lol.

Yes. But in order to sell a token for in-game gold, you need to find a buyer on your server with that gold. If servers are as gold-starved as you are claiming, you won’t find a buyer for that token for the amount of gold that is worth $20 (at least worth it to the person who wants gold).

I guess, however, even if Blizzard is not lying and is being straight up with this gold source/sink neutrality with tokens, offering up tokens does encourage people who might otherwise not do so to go out and engage in gold-generating activities so they can sell their gold for game time and/or Blizzard store stuff.

This general sort of thing will result in a greater (relative) participation rate of gold-generating activity, which raises the overall amount of gold on a server. It also makes a gold cap useless when it comes to limiting an individual person’s total wealth (gold cap times the max number of toons they allow on a given server) because it gives them a way to use their gold that is not a server gold sink but rather a gold transfer.

I don’t know what you’re on about when it comes to this “dependence” and “welfare” shtick. Sounds like you are confusing your politics with a game, assigning some sort of moral code to activities that are not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. In any case, you seem deeply confused about how this all works…

as logical as you are trying to be, and that is a better write up than a lot of trash i have seen on here lately, you are missing one key part that i already addressed.

we have no idea what the fluctuation would be. which kind of invalidates a lot of your post, in and of its self.

we can assume and take from those numbers and go from there.
current retail, price of the token, vanilla market= estimate.

for example; current token, yes, is $20. which sells for about (give or take) 100k. given all of the gold opportunities at the moment. that isnt hard to come by.
vanilla however, not rewarding actual gold but silver- since gold rewards was not a thing until BC dailies- then we can assume that the highest pay out for a token would be anywhere between 1 gold to 5 gold. just guess work, of course.

i agree that in vanilla, the $20 would not be worth that. however, i dont actually think that players who advocate for tokens- really want the vanilla turn over. i really believe that they think tokens will net them much more than that. not 100k obviously but at least something worth the exchange. it wont but thats what it is pretty clear.
and they have zero care as to the effect it will have.

There are going to be thousands of level 60s at some point, all unsharded and competing over the same few dozen good spawns (not to mention herbs). Now I’m not averse to toning down the farms, but too badly nerfed and the economy will be in shambles permanently. Instance farming has to be a thing.

But 100k gold isn’t really worth $20 (IMO) in BfA, and people still apparently buy a lot of them.

That all said, thanks for the conversation. It led me to a realization of how tokens can inflate a gold economy even if there is no net source/sink action going on in the token exchange itself.

I do see a general expectation out there that the gold generation in Classic to be sufficient to support a gold-sink appetite that is not all that Vanilla in nature but more like a BfA appetite. I think people should take a step back and reassess what they want a Classic gold economy to do for them.

1 Like

well said.

1 Like

I recognize some classes have an easier time farming gold, sometimes orders of magnitude easier than other classes. What about the fact that all those items that are farmed go mostly into crafted items that are sold on the AH, certainly for far cheaper than if those items were only obtainable with a full group, and not farmable.

From my perspective, yeah those farmers get hella rich, but their faction benefits from a far cheaper supply line and crafted items because of it. What I’m failing to see is how this dynamic’s negatives outweigh the positives.

What are the negatives in the first place? Some people way richer than others? Not being rhetorical, can’t see any other negatives past that one.

So to support raiding, the primary resource is herbs to create alchemy consumables. The other resource is food which is primarily farmed in the open world already.

So you’re saying that in a world WITH instance farming, we’re capable of supporting raiding because there are more resources, but in a world WITHOUT instance farming, we’re not?

The open world herb supply is the same in both cases, with the only variance being dreamfoil from DME lasher runs. It seems you’re saying that enough people were doing DME lasher runs in original vanilla that it was the key to supporting all of the raiding in the original vanilla landscape.

You could argue that less people used consumables back then. Well? Seems just fine to me, they got along well enough.

1 Like

These things werent nerfed in classic specifically. So yes, they did leave it alone in classic. Trying to claim that since they modified a form of gold farming in classic that they should automatically continue with more nerfs in the remake is as silly as saying they patched class balance in classic so they should continue balancing classes with patches in the remake.

What happened happened. And they have made it clear they are recreating what happened.

These suggested nerfs didn’t, so no.

1 Like