Blizzard: Please disable consumables for the 10.2 solo rated BGs or

the only place rated rules make sense currently is arena where its team deathmatch, a saltwater oneshot from stealth would be unfair in those cirumstances, but battlegrounds are different, the game isn’t over because you died.

yea I don’t want to fight 2500 RBG rated players that can, on-top of their skills, use consumables lol.

1 Like

at that level you are also a 2500 player with consumables, even ground

They smurf on alts.

are alts not allowed?

Consumables change the game, change the skill cap.

yes, thats the point.

A saltwater oneshot to yoink a base or send a healer packing in a teamfight would still be unfair in RBGs, even if the opponent could supposedly go out of their way to get consumables to counter it. The point of a competitive bracket is to level the playing field and rank you based on how you play your class in the given setting, whether it’s a thunderdome or a battlefield.

Consumables still have their place in random and epic BGs, but they have no place in rated barring the very few exceptions like bandages, mage food, lock cookies, and panda noodles.

Anyone who disagrees either has no idea what they’re talking about, doesn’t care for the level-playing-field of a rated competitive system, or needs to stay in randoms and epics (which you will), potentially all of the above. Simple as.

Also consumables are absolutely going to be disabled, there’s no use arguing about it. They’re disabled in arena, SS, even RBGs where they apparently make sense to some people.

3 Likes

Hard… and I mean HARD no.

i bolded the part of contention, i think arena is for showing class mastery, the rest of pvp should be about game mastery. the devs should practise a sort of soft balancing where they generally let things go unless a particular item becomes too disruptive, then look at it on a per case basis on tuning or blocking that item.

the issue with the current system is that two players of the same rating may be vastly different in their overall skill and knowledge of the game. meaning the rating is unfair to the later player who outside of the controlled circumstances of arena, can defeat the prior player 9/10 times.

And the rules of RBGs disagree.

how big is the RBG ladder? few thousand players, most epic comms can do that, the cap is 1000 and a few have had to have multiple communities to manage their members. once you start looking at all the epic comms which each have hundreds of active players and add them all up, yeah, its probably bigger than the RBG scene which has been dying for a while now. when is the last time you saw a new team with fresh names shake up the RBG ladder?

1 Like

Premade raiders have managed to convince themselves that premade raids vs. pugs in epic bgs is a fair match.

They have no concept of a level playing field anymore.

5 Likes

people act like choices made in software development are well thought out and carved in stone as if they are gospel. in reality they just modified existing code from arena to work in RBGs.

feel free to bring your own premade against me.

They certainly have more thought for competition than you.

I distinctly remember you saying that when the gloves come on and the crutches are knocked out from under you in RBGs, that your brow starts to sweat and your heart starts to race?

2 Likes

the “shut up pvp guy” devs, those devs?

i don’t remember saying anything like that, but heart rate should be increasing with increased stress in anyone. why do you think we invended roller coasters. and before you try and say that doesn’t include you, ask a doctor if thats even possible.

Yes, and that’s saying something.

My resting heart rate is far below average. The rush is why I play rated. It’s why you don’t. It’s why you’ll be sticking to epics, and why you shouldn’t be trying to change something for the worse that you won’t touch.

Even if they did allow consumables, you’d still need 15+ goons to hide behind.

Alternatively you can play Classic Era, where the PvP is all about stupid trinkets and consumables, and it’s a blast. But there’s no objective ranking attached to it.

3 Likes

i cycle too, resting heart rate has nothing to do with it. nor was i talking particularly about myself.

i don’t play because im just not that into it, maybe if i got into pvp when i was younger sure, but i had my time at R1 in my games, i moved on.

so idk why you think i would need to hide to take you on, but then again, you saying that from a rogue is just gold. “oh no, this casual dk gots game, i better hit vanish!”

My pistol is loud and my takes are based.

1 Like