Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

Someone had the answer to this. Oh yeah!

Rate of change has nothing to do with farming. The act of pressing A is what farming is.

Doing the same thing on repeat for a desired outcome.

Farming Ara-Kara for the trinket. Changing the drop rate doesnt change the fact that i keep farming (read as running the dungeon over and over) until i get my drop

Scenario A: i get it in 2 tries
Scenario B: i get it in 16 tries

Both scenarios involve the same mechanic of farming.

1 Like

imagine comparing a paid video game service to a real life jobā€¦

Instead of a full nerf, I think they should have added a penalty for transferring it. Some might argue itā€™s the same thing, but the issue is perception. Blizzard has a habit of making changes that initially seem to benefit players, only to later introduce drawbacks. A great example is adding sky-riding to all mounts but with a 5-second cast time.

The issue: Previously, you could run 20 alts, each earning 500 Timewarp badges, totaling 10,000. Now, a similar run will only net you 4,000ā€”a significant reduction, which is why people are upset.

Smart implemetation: A better approach would have been to keep the original setup and apply a 50-60% transfer penalty. This would have the same effect without players feeling worse off compared to pre-Warband implementation.

All in all I think they are out of touch based on some of the changes they make. I donā€™t think they listen to their player base

2 Likes

you ever get the feeling is bliz staff or actibliz investors playing make believe that youre talking to in here on crap like this? ll

If the quest was 500 badges for alts and now its 200ā€¦thats 250% of the previous work required for the same exact payout.

Now, Im happy they let me combine them all, but that change right there certainly killed my desire to farm TW dungeons today after i saw on the second alt that I only got 200 instead of 500.

letting me combine themā€¦gee whiz, Ionā€¦thanksā€¦but then cutting the payout to 40% of what it was so I have to now work MUCH longer for the same amount of tokens.

Hard pass.

I got more than enough to get the mount I want from WoD TWing so I guess while this warband change was great and appreciatedā€¦Im done bothering with TWing dungeons for badges.

2 Likes

Seems like a basic math 101 thing, but always expect the contrarians in here to argue against ANYTHING just to be contrarianā€¦not because they have any actual point of logic to offer.

1 Like

Add in people getting increasingly more toxic in timewalking for some reasonā€¦yeah may be a good time we all let that stuff die if theyā€™re going to make our reason for doing it worse

1 Like

Only thing youā€™ve done is make people not want to participate in the event on alts. Good work Blizz

5 Likes

This is the thing there was nothing wrong with the previous way of collecting those badges, thereā€™s a saying if it aint broke dont fix it but clearly someone on the dev team had to fulfill their monthly quota in order not to get fired so they quickly pulled this design out of their lower part of the backside.

Again the developer who wrote the note for it, is not justifiable itā€™s utter nonsense trying to solve a problem where there was no problem to begin with in the first place.

They think that this will force us to farm out those badges more now because of this nerf but lets be real it actually pushes people away since itā€™s demotivating.

3 Likes

I was actually gonna run TWing dungeons for a few hours today.
Saw that 200 thing after I originally posted way up above and that totally killed any desire to bother with it.

Good work Ionā€¦

1 Like

this is not defendable at all

4 Likes

I REALLY appreciate being able to combine them nowā€¦but yeahā€¦totally DEmotivating to have the payout for the work put in cut to 40%

1 Like

That ā€˜eventā€™ is a patch, not a simple event. Itā€™s a core part of 11.0.5ā€™s content.

The mental gymnastics and overall grammar policing you are doing is a waste of time. You are defending a garbage change that many have already told you was unnecessary, meaningless to those like me with 100k badges stores and 50 alts and it only affects everyone moving forward earning a net negative compared to what we used to get.

Whoever wants to collect cosmetic always has alts to do multiple runs, different classes for different armor sets etc. This is a net negative and imp
acts the most those with no alts or very few.

Why police a purely cosmetic 10 year old event ?

Why must it take several months to get a reward on a 10y old event?

This is not a flughtstone or crest broken farm that affects player power, its for COSMETICS

3 Likes

So you donā€™t understand the changes either. The quest. A one offā€¦is the only thing thatā€™s changed. Even without the change, if the quest was the only thing you were going to do to get badges, itā€™d take awhile.

You can still farm for badges the same way you always have, by spam running the dungeons.

All the more reason to not be bent out of shape lol

i have nothing to spend badges on and i have 10s of thousands of badges spread across alts. the gear isnt even worth buying in a lot of cases.
i dont really see a lot to spend them on during the anniversary event either.

i am sure that there are people who have to have everything, but the event will be 2 months, thats a lot of badge farming that can be done just running the dungeons

I do understandā€¦ now I lose 40% compared to before.

The people defending this trash cite that thanks to warbands you can funnel currency as if it was a bad thing. I ask again why nerf it?

3 Likes

If you want a 5k mount and have 2.5k on two toons, you couldnā€™t get the mount.

So yeah, I think itā€™s a fair nerf to prevent alcoholics from an unfair advantage

Canā€™t really see it that was but I could never grasp the appeal of grind mounts.

I called this back when they first started talking about warbound currency. Everything is going to slowly be nerfed under the guise of ā€œso players donā€™t have toā€ play alts. When in reality many of us make alts to speed things upā€¦ but canā€™t be letting that happenā€¦

1 Like