Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

Weekly quests now give reduced badges on alts. No compensation is given anywhere else. Apparently this grind that has been in the game for literally the entire time timewalking has existed needed to be made worse. Hope you’ve been stockpiling these, cause if not, you gotta do twice as much work as the people who have!

50 Likes

Probably because we can send badges to alts now.

19 Likes

There wasn’t TW this week. What is this from?

1 Like

Which doesn’t matter since basically all of the rewards they offer were BOA. They’re one of the currencies least affected by being warbound.

14 Likes

It’s nerfed for alts.

7 Likes

they will always make things worse if they can, so be prepared
glad i have 50k badges stocked

the warband hype was real, but I always suspected they would nerf everything else to compensate the new warband system… so in the end almost nothing changed… genius move by blizzard

30 Likes

in anticipation of wows 20th anniversary, where things will cost timewalking badges. Also there very much IS timewalking next week (LK specifically) so it makes sense to put the changes before that.

3 Likes

What’s with Blizz and creating artificial scarcity. If ppl really want to farm then let them…

33 Likes

Saw this coming a mile away when they made the badges warbound - at least it isn’t as bad as TWW content and events where it’s once and done for most rep activities.

Whelp personally I havent take TW badges runs “seriously” in years but the last TBC one I did run BT as much as I could for a chance on the gear from the raid and the 610 ilvl at the end.

Sucks for people that didnt stockpile or was counting on this certain amount of them in preparation for the anniversary event…

5 Likes

Gotta disagree with you there. Before we had to save the badges all on one character to afford the big rewards, like mounts. Now we don’t. We can just funnel all the badges to one toon.

4 Likes

I did find it an odd change. We still could have saved them on alts and saved up badges over time (aka 10 time walking events = a mount for each character pretty easily done).

So overall if you did have a system going this is a pretty fat nerf.

4 Likes

I mean you see their “reasoning” they believe there’s a TW badges ““economy””

Which is kinda of a joke considering how those badges are only useful during certain periods of time…

13 Likes

They nerfed it for alts after nerfing Timewalking sets that are probably on mains.

kekw

Blizzard wears how much they viscerally hate timewalking on their nose.

9 Likes

We can now transfer Timewalking Badges between all characters. There’s your “compensation”.

Completely unwarranted. They are chasing MAUs. This is a tone-deaf move and completely wasted time on the dev side.

8 Likes

What “Economy” is what I want to know. It is used for items/cosmetics/reps during specific weeks. There is no “Economy.”

This is tone-deaf bad leadership pushing bad changes to try to get more MAUs.

7 Likes

Prolly nerfed it since we can buy TW badges for Bronze tokens during the 10 weeks of the 20th Anniversary.

You can earn 58 Bronze Week 1. 47 each week after that. Warbound , alts get no bronze.

Bronze will be used for Tier 2 rewards, Cosmetics, and previous Minions / Mounts.

The likely hood people will drain Bronze on TW tokens is slim. 1 Bronze = 20 TW Badges. That rate is abysmal. If you used ALL your Bronze for TW badged you’d get less than 9,700 TW Badges (20 Alts pre nerf, 49 Alts post Nerf).

The change is unjustifiable.

3 Likes

So yeah, no reason besides time metrics

i guess the honey moon phase is over for tww

5 Likes