Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

Scarcity doesn’t exist when you can farm edlessless runs during timewalking. Just like before. There is no ceiling because there is no cap on badges.

1 Like

Looks like a jerk move to me.

They could be fixing the 345345345 bugs in this game but THIS is what they focus on.

Wow.

4 Likes

Hate this change. I farm in parallel across alts to try to put a tiny dent in the huge cumulative cost of all the badge items. It was too slow as it was. It will now take +150% longer to get there.

Why does Blizzard never realize their game is always better when it is more exciting and more rewarding, as opposed to being more artificially drawn out like a way over-chewed piece of gum.

3 Likes

highest i have is 5.5k on my warlock.

No lmao.

Let me simplify this as much as possible for you. If you design an equation, with the only change variable being badge earned and ceteris paribus, you will see a constant 60% reduction.

“If ppl really want to farm then let them…”

Simply refers to letting them farm at the original rate. The context is kinda obvious and it did not say “people can’t farm now.” So it’s still an implied interpretation on your part.

who sits there for 16+hrs a day farming badges?

1 Like

Let me simply this for you:

Farming before this change:
Run as many dungeons as you can because theres no cap on how many you can collect

Farming after this change:
Run as many dungeons as you can because theres no cap on how many you can collect

No numbers involved
Nothing changed with farming badges.
What did change was your time investment yield.
What does involve number: time investment yield.

They could drop the badges to 1 per dungeon and it wouldn’t change the way you farmed badges

Nope. Sentence structure would indicate this refers to the act of farming alone

1 Like

So you finally admit there’s a change. Ty

1 Like

This is the way but it also sets a precedent in future events that they will nerf alts to force us to grind longer

Yes. But not the change you mention and keep going on about lol. Nothing changed to how one would farm badges lol

I already mentioned in an earlier post to quantify that difference to time spent (and one can also extend that to time spend to level alts) :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

They don’t hate time walking, they just have a very distorted metric of how well the game is doing.

Instead of making content people just do, for the sake of doing, they obsessively try and keep you on a treadmill for as long as possible.

It works, sort of. If they can keep you entrapped and so busy doing wow stuff that you never have time for other games, there’s less risk of you dropping wow for other things.

Time spent != mechanics of farming

This is akin to claiming that if you change the red crayon to a yellow crayon, you are no longer “coloring” lol

Thats how foolish you sound. Yes we know that the picture will no longer be red. We’re not arguing that. We’re arguing your comment of “let the people continue to color” in which we said they are haha

1 Like

To stroke their metrics.

They are not respecting our time anymore now we are just metrics for their Q4.

1 Like

Farming is directly correlated to time. It’s intentionally and repeatedly performing the same game sequence. E.g. I press A once, I press A 3 times. What’s the rate of change? So once again, you control for time, alts, and dungeon runs, and only change badge variable and there’s a flat 60% reduction.

So that means at scenario A and scenario B, you study how 2 users do the exact same farm and capture the difference. This is the entire basis of farming strategy.

It’s also literally implied in their reason of “modest bonus” that they want to artificially reduce the acquisition rate.

Not sure what’s so difficult about this lol

1 Like

Soon I will remove myself

With this change, the answer is anyone who used to spend 6hrs a day, because it now takes that much longer.

3 Likes

For years, yep. I also have 65 toons and level majority in timewalking. Easily 50k+ though no desire to merge them over to 1 character.

Makes no sense to me though why since you can now “transfer” them, the people with alts somehow need punishment? Nothing stopping others from making alts to do the quest, if they want to be a 1 toon player, that’s their choice. Don’t punish me. If I put more time in to have more characters, I should be more rewarded.

Imaging having 2 jobs and they tell you that make 50% less for your 2nd job cause it isn’t fair to someone who only works 1 job :joy:

3 Likes

Change just for the sake of change lol. Guessing it has to do with the anniversary event, but who knows? Is anyone even running tw’s right now? Been sitting in Dalaran queued up for a tw dungeon for close to 20 minutes :crazy_face: