Blizzard nerfs timewalking badges for literally no reason

I use TW badges to buy blood of sargeras which I use to make mecha-bond imprint matrices. Nice little chunk of change.

Nerf’d or not doesn’t matter .

Until they get new expansions into the TW mix the badges are just going to stock pile since imo people already have what they want for the current ones .

Either add some new loot to the current expacs in the TW rotation or ad more expacx to the rotation .

I for one would love to see a Vanilla TW week with say a MC or a AQ TW raid.

I hate this. I think I had like 20-30k before TBC TW then I spent half on the mount and all the toys then found out the 20th anniversary would need a ton of the badges. I’m hesitant to even buy the wotlk mount for 5k badges. Stupid and pointless change.

2 Likes

Reducing the effectiveness of alt spam which is good.

Although in the case here it has been a thing so long might as well leave it in.

I don’t think you did a solid analysis there. Before you couldn’t (from scratch) do the TW raid on 16 alts and buy the weekly TW mount. Now you can (if you so desired).

I’m pretty sure the TW vendor gear scaled with each xpac. Now if your main is somewhere over 595, your main(s) can farm currency to catch up an alt.

1 Like

Kind of violates the concept of equal work, equal pay.

But this warband thing was going to run into to these issues. Being able to do content over and over and get rewards towards a common goal limited only by the number alts you want to run through it.

i mean at least you can run ONE TW and each toon and get the 250 badge quest then move them all to one toon.

I got 140k of them The nerf means nothing

this still doesnt make sense because all alts needed to do was ONE single timewalking dungeon. so whats the point exactly outside of needing more mau. it literally took all of 10-15minutes depending on dungeon. this just reeks of time wasting.

1 Like

War Within had more meaning then we thought. Gut things that have been in game for ten plus years.

1 Like

uhm to be fair it hadnt been in the game THAT long. when did timewalking come out? bfa? late legion? 2016/2017 or maybe it was early shadowlands?

June 22, 2015 patch 6.2 so almost ten years. Still some time.

So they can buy t2 remastered transmogs for their entire warband without ever touching a vanilla dungeon or raid?

Thats cute, youre cute.

huh i thought it wasnt in the game until late legion. oh 6.2 that might be why…I unsubbed from 6.1 till 7.2. over the whole pathfinder thing and no flying. only came back when someone on mmo champ said they made flying easier to get.

To you, but also, this is your fault lmao.

It’s not surprising that they’re nerfing how effective throwing an army of alts at stuff is with the change to warbands.

Though TW tokens seemed like something that wasn’t really a huge issue before. If they specifically want alts to be less effective for the people who prefer to just play one character, they should buff how many tokens you can get on a single character to compensate.

1 Like

Fixed that for you…and can you see how what means nothing to you can mean a daunting grind to newer players, or those that didn’t have the foresight to save up the badges?

To be honest, I’m surprised that Blizz is going to use an existing currency for the new items they’re introducing for the anniversary event. It’s not like they have a problem with adding a half-dozen (or more) new currencies with every expansion or patch.

1 Like

The people who would have used an alt army for this WILL STILL USE an alt army, they’ll just have to use more. All this does is make it REQUIRED to use an alt army to get anything. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ty boo

This is a “now you can make a baby in 1 month with 9 mothers” kind of thing.