Blizzard needed a win so badly on MT and this is hilariously bad

Insanely incorrect. Most players want the challenge, you’re the minority. There is nothing fun about facerolling content and you are surely no one to dictate such. A dude who just unsubs and comes back sporadically.

2 Likes

Wrong, most people dont find this form of challenge enjoyable because its overtuned. Its just a waste of time as is.

10 Likes

Wasn’t the original mage tower restricted by how often the mage tower itself was actually active?

3 Likes

Most people do LFR because there is a queue for it, a simple click. There is no queue for normal or heroic or mythic bud. The vast majority do them within guilds, which is how it has been for a very long time. Normal raids/m+ are constantly ran, being sold as carries. All day and night.

im really not interested in your counter argument to my opinion. mainly because its going to go nowhere. i wont agree with you, and you’ll continue to defend your stance.

2 Likes

Unbelievably incorrect with no info to back up the claim. Tons of people are happy with it, it’s on forums, in game, reddit. Nice try tho bud.

1 Like

Overtuned is one way to describe it. The original challenges were designed with the borrowed power of the time in mind. We can’t even use that anymore. Every bit of possible Shadowlands borrowed power has been sucked away, leaving us to basically farm ancient content to get some slight numerical scaling advantages.

This is kind of BS if you ask me.

17 Likes

I wonder if they did the last minute buff to the tower because they realized people were farming old content to get an edge.

It was, it that wasn’t exactly something people liked or enjoyed. As is, this MT will only be available 3 times a year for a week.

The original Mage Tower was fun and challenging because it forced you to use your full toolkit and play your class/spec at a very high level (at least early on).

This version does none of that - half your kit is built into Blizzards idiotic covenant system and they effectively gutted the classes by disabling that instead of tuning around it. This garbage doesn’t make you a better player, it’s just pointless nonsense.

15 Likes

Again. No info to back up this claim. The reality is people are playing the new MT like wild. Be more competent.

Well, that’s not what i responded to though. Whether or not people liked it, is subjective. But you asked “why in the world”… well that question should have been asked and discussed ad infinitum starting in 2016… that’s what i was responding to… people will always like/dislike things based (usually) on nothing more than whim.

My question is still relevant because why in the world would they choose to make something time restricted when folks didn’t enjoy it :woman_shrugging:

Ya don’t have to agree with my complaint, but I will always find it stupid and flawed to have time restrictions. Folks are thirsty for solo content and here it is, but it’s only available 3 time a year. yay

I don’t think it should be easy, but I don’t think it should be this difficult. In Legion we were able to use items to give us an edge that we can’t now. I think what made the tank one so hard is the stealth buff on the hp. Everyone who found a strategy that you could perfect in ptr is saying it no longer works due to the amount of hp the mobs have now. I didn’t play PTR so I can’t say for sure, but I will say watching the videos of it, it shows… It takes me ages to dent the hp on Kruul.

1 Like

Sorry. If you weren’t here or you didn’t read the announcement that said…

“Coming in 9.2! Legion timewalking! Do mythic+ dungeons in Legion up to +15! Mage tower returns! You can do it for new rewards!”

I’m missing the part, again, where players who tried it on the PTR before the unannounced change should have realized it was going to be drastically changed.

There never was any intent to make it content that most players do, was there? It was just a come-on to dupe casuals into coming back and resubbing, and a way to funnel those precious FOMO rewards to those of you who like to use them as a weapon to prove you are better than normal players.

I’m missing the part where players who read marketing stuff like that were supposed to assume that they weren’t supposed to resub and come back because it would be changed on implementation to keep them from completing it.

1 Like

It’s not showing in your achiev tab, but did you actually do the sin one? That one seems impossible with the current scaling. I get to 6 mins and then they hard enrage.

1 Like

That’s not Blizzard’s fault. It’s a challenge mode. Overtuning is Blizzard’s fault.

1 Like

Actually it is, since it was told to us that this would be like Legion, not switched from end-of-Legion scaling to beginning-of-Legion scaling on release.

You got what you wanted, a challenge mode to keep the riffraff out and probably drive away from the game permanently some of those who feel legitimately ripped off. But you’re entitled to that, aren’t you? You’re worth people buying a 6 month sub and only later finding they’re not getting content, so there is money to provide you with content.

Gratz on the game going full wildstar for you! I’m sure it’ll work out better than the last time a game went full wildstar.

1 Like

So your assumption that it would be easy is somehow Blizzard’s fault, when they said the Mage Tower Challenge was returning? That’s on you, not them. You’re trying to find a reason to be angry when they told you it was going to be difficult.

So it was said that it was going to be difficult. But it is definitely overtuned right now. No one should be getting one shot.

I never asked for this, so yet another made up scenario.

Oh my god, I’ve come on here to have a peek at everything and you have been on every single post. Get a hobby dude. Go outside, Enjoy some fresh air, you really think you are doing something lol? You aren’t affecting anyone by your comments you are just embarrasing yourself with how much time you have on your hands to argue with people on the internet. If it’s soooo easy mate, go complete all the challengers and show us how easy it is.

5 Likes