Blizzard needed a win so badly on MT and this is hilariously bad

I don’t think it should be easy, but I don’t think it should be this difficult. In Legion we were able to use items to give us an edge that we can’t now. I think what made the tank one so hard is the stealth buff on the hp. Everyone who found a strategy that you could perfect in ptr is saying it no longer works due to the amount of hp the mobs have now. I didn’t play PTR so I can’t say for sure, but I will say watching the videos of it, it shows… It takes me ages to dent the hp on Kruul.

1 Like

Sorry. If you weren’t here or you didn’t read the announcement that said…

“Coming in 9.2! Legion timewalking! Do mythic+ dungeons in Legion up to +15! Mage tower returns! You can do it for new rewards!”

I’m missing the part, again, where players who tried it on the PTR before the unannounced change should have realized it was going to be drastically changed.

There never was any intent to make it content that most players do, was there? It was just a come-on to dupe casuals into coming back and resubbing, and a way to funnel those precious FOMO rewards to those of you who like to use them as a weapon to prove you are better than normal players.

I’m missing the part where players who read marketing stuff like that were supposed to assume that they weren’t supposed to resub and come back because it would be changed on implementation to keep them from completing it.

1 Like

It’s not showing in your achiev tab, but did you actually do the sin one? That one seems impossible with the current scaling. I get to 6 mins and then they hard enrage.

1 Like

That’s not Blizzard’s fault. It’s a challenge mode. Overtuning is Blizzard’s fault.

1 Like

Actually it is, since it was told to us that this would be like Legion, not switched from end-of-Legion scaling to beginning-of-Legion scaling on release.

You got what you wanted, a challenge mode to keep the riffraff out and probably drive away from the game permanently some of those who feel legitimately ripped off. But you’re entitled to that, aren’t you? You’re worth people buying a 6 month sub and only later finding they’re not getting content, so there is money to provide you with content.

Gratz on the game going full wildstar for you! I’m sure it’ll work out better than the last time a game went full wildstar.

1 Like

So your assumption that it would be easy is somehow Blizzard’s fault, when they said the Mage Tower Challenge was returning? That’s on you, not them. You’re trying to find a reason to be angry when they told you it was going to be difficult.

So it was said that it was going to be difficult. But it is definitely overtuned right now. No one should be getting one shot.

I never asked for this, so yet another made up scenario.

Oh my god, I’ve come on here to have a peek at everything and you have been on every single post. Get a hobby dude. Go outside, Enjoy some fresh air, you really think you are doing something lol? You aren’t affecting anyone by your comments you are just embarrasing yourself with how much time you have on your hands to argue with people on the internet. If it’s soooo easy mate, go complete all the challengers and show us how easy it is.

5 Likes

The mage tower was one of most complained about aspects of Legion, yet people begged for it back in droves clearly not understanding what they were asking for.

This is history repeating itself.

You guys begged for this, so deal with it. We told you it was hard.

He is just an idiot lol .

1 Like

That’s not entirely fair. Many people enjoyed the tower later on in the expansion when it was a bit more forgiving with more gear. That’s a part of made it so popular - everyone ultimately had a realistic shot of beating it once they geared up later in the expansion. I think Blizzard misunderstood that aspect of its appeal. I think many people -myself included - were thinking that this would be a 7.3 equivalent since it’s a holiday event aimed at the entire WoW player population.

6 Likes

you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

to be fair to your point, I wouldnt have mentioned the sold carries given how much has happened just lately to try and stop the “hackyouraccount dot fail” spam thats been obliterating the group finders. Sold carries is currently a bigger blight on the game, far more than easy content

Scored an upvote just for the HGTG/Vogon reference.

Now about that hyperspace bypass…

1 Like

the forumns the last 24 hours tell a very different story

2 Likes

The problem with the term challenging is it’s very subjective. To some heroic or even normal is challenging and to others mythic is challenging. Considering the circumstances and this is a holiday event that just gives cosmetics I think most players assumed by challenging they meant challenging to the lowest denominator.

4 Likes

It could be that they are trying to encourage us to get into some tougher content. That tracks because that’s where most of the development goes.

I dislike the design. It’s not mechanic oriented. The mechanics are straightforward. It’s that the HP pools are overtuned. I watch videos of people completing the challenges and they are doing MUCH more damage than I am. They aren’t doing anything different, but they are hitting much harder (seriously, Aff warlock in the MT cannot be more cookie cutter).

I think it’s tuned for TWing gear and gems a plenty

3 Likes

He has his towel and he’s throwing it in… “So long and thanks for all the fish” :dolphin:

The entire company of blizz hinges on people steamrolling through the mage tower apparently.

1 Like

We apologize for the inconvenience.

1 Like