Blizzard messed up once again

Not particularly. Live refers to the state of the game in the current development state, rather than Classic which is not at all in active development - just maintenance. And Retail is a hold over from private servers which refers to the same thing, as at the time there weren’t any official Classic servers.

Modern also sounds dumb.

4 Likes

That’s an interesting definition for “live” I guess.

But, you are just straight wrong for calling it retail. That’s objectively incorrect at this point. Regardless of it being a holdover (yeah it was called that).

Modern WoW is fine. People have been using that term for months now.

Live is called live because it sees live development and continued updates, whereas Classic doesn’t.

Retail is a holdover from before. It’s not accurate anymore, but it’s more widely understood than “modern”. Prior to this thread I’ve never heard it.

1 Like

Blizzard refers to “Retail” as “modern WoW.”

What Blizzard calls things doesn’t inherently make them, “correct”.

You can add Blizzard and myself to that list too. Also, all the people from the google search results I’m getting.

There’s a few.

3 Likes

I call it modern wow. It makes more sense to me. Calling it retail only made sense when the only way to play vanilla was through pservers, and that is where the term originated from. Nowadays though, classic and modern wow are both retail wow.

2 Likes

Semantics much? Wow

2 Likes

Don’t just get angry when someone corrects you man (or woman if you are w/e).

People definitely call it Modern WoW.

g O to mo DeR n

5 Likes

PvE gear in retail cant be used to pvp at all. If you don’t have 18% vers and both pvp trinkets atm you are playing wrong. Btw i get heroic-level gear by doing pvp lol

Since when you represent me?

I call it RETAIL™!

5 Likes

Q the joseph smith southpark music.

They also made vers the “pvp stat” this xpac by adding a 2-piece set bonus to your pvp trinkets. Increased vers bonus by 40%.

You sir sod off. PvP should reward PvP gear for the activity.

1 Like

Doesn’t Vers work in PvE anyway?

What exactly is your point?

Actually, I don’t care.

Classic or modern?

I call it classic or candy crush because of how crazy colorful modern is.

Good? Get better gear get better results. The scaling was idiotic.

People play games like this to make their char stronger and dunk on newbs.

Sorry you’re the newb.

so do they (blizzard). just look into the game files and see for yourself.

2 Likes

Making a suedo PvP stat in verse while keeping it a viable pve stat with certain specs is a good idea.

PvP stat was always a good idea. We get fools like you who dont understand why it works or that it is a good thing. We get people who dont even pvp outside random BGs acting like experts.

That’s a wall of “no one understands my very specific understanding of the game based on essentially nothing.”

I don’t care.