Fresh TBC is the true path

Yes if you were to go buy them all right now. But they only add what a mount or pet every few months? And are also 1 time purchases. Things like tokens are capped per month and also balanced by someone else not paying a sub. And sorry but there just aren’t swarms of people using the repeatable services.

In WoW these are still a supplement to monthly fees not a replacement of.

Yeah and i was one of the voices that was saying they NEEDED to cap the servers and watch them or we would just repeat that fun 2004 server issue. Apperntly that wasnt on the list of things again and we just continue down the path of Vanilla in faction server balance for pvp and pve. Taking the easy fix for X-realm bgs.

Yes i was playing beta back when Strath towers attacked you. That was the best version of strath to me. Was way closer to War 3.

Are you asking me to go find some random player that says 1.12 is what were getting so we should be happy? I mean i dont even need to go back to the forums to KNOW i would find a person that said that. As i am sure you can find a person that would say 1.12 is trash version of the game and we need the full experience since P-servers could get that.

Again, not true. Go look at the earnings calls.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to have revenue for specifically WoW broken out by subs vs micro transactions.

You have to do math to calculate MAUs over revenue to determine the separation. Or listen to the audio calls. It may have not been Q3 but I know this year a stand out comment was the store brings in more revenue than monthly subs do. This is believable on tokens alone, let alone factoring in everything else. the freemium model is taking over the industry for a reason.

That is the modern wow spin on it but i find that the classic player base is mostly players that want the RPG experience. Go toe to toe with other players to either defeat them or work with them to obtain goals on a equal footing based on skill and class know how. With the exception of trying to capitalize with an in game currency system. Either case i understand what your saying but the classic player base is not about that.

The store as a whole might, but they don’t break it out by world of warcraft vs everything else on the store. Nor are the MAU’s broken out by game. And that also wouldn’t break out game/expansion purchases vs services/items.

And no tokens don’t account for it, for everyone who buys a token that’s one less sub that is paid. And you would pretty much have to have every paid sub buying at least 1 something else every month for it roughly break even with sub fees.

Freemium is taking over because games can effectively subsidize thousands of players playing for free with a handful of players actually paying huge amounts of money. WoW does not do that as none of the store purchases are really spammable to that degree nor are they nearly as required being almost exclusively cosmetic.

Tokens are exactly is and are 1.25 of 1 month of subs…

Tokens are capped per month and aren’t just free money since they effectively just supplement someone elses sub who is now getting a free month.

Nor is gold in WoW nearly as valuable(especially in retail) as what is locked behind cash shops in true freemium games.

I still think that a fresh TBC servers is a bad idea. People should have the option to move to TBC or stay in classic with there characters. That would not be an authentic TBC experience AT ALL.

The classic players got there experience, let the people that want to play TBC have there authentic experience.

None of that means that token sales don’t outpace subs monthly, especially given that you only need 3/4 of the token sales to equal the same revenue from monthly subs. Sub models are dying or have long been dead. No new games are releasing with them really. And the reason is simple. Cash shops = more revenue.

Sub models are dying because it’s hard to make games that can actually maintain a sub count high enough.

And no duh I never said the cash shop in WoW didn’t add revenue, of course it does for minimal effort they can spit out a mount or a pet and make a huge chunk of money. But it’s silly to think that they make nearly as much monthly from the cash shop as they do from subs. For example tokens, people would have to be buying what 3 tokens each every month per active sub just break even with what they make purely from the sub cost.

Still waiting for you to actually show the numbers on that one.

I dont care how “authentic” the transition is to TBC. What i want is the Pre Patch event. In fact i think it would make a BETTER experience to not have it be authentic and just progress the servers.

Servers can be rebalanced and maybe this time ACTUALLY controlled in populations for pvp servers. On top of that mega servers are just going to be layered playergrounds. if the goal from blizzard is one layer they would need to spread out the player base anyway. On the other hand if the goal is Layerslol Server size wont really matter.

We shall see come blizcon online. They are dropping the news then.

1 Like

I’m sure the math can easily be calculated by using an AH scanner to find out how many tokens were bought across all servers in a month. That’s easy. As for the calculation, they say in their earnings call MAU stayed steady but revenue increased. How would you assume that happened?

First the AH doesn’t show individually listed tokens so you will not see how many are being bought.

As for the second, MAU is not broken out by game nor is revenue in their reports. And I never said that the store didn’t increase revenue, I said in WoW the subs are bringing in more money than the store does for services/vanity items.

“World of Warcraft® MAUsD were stable year-over-year”

I’m not sure you actually read or understood the report dude.

Were stable is not a number. Nor is it revenue broken out by game.

Page 15. You really don’t know how to read financial statements dude. I’m done debating someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. respond if you want. You’re wrong and idgaf at this point. You didn’t actually read the break outs of the statements.

I mean sorry but page 15 with net bookings and MAU’s NOT broken out by game?

Are you perhaps confusing companies with games or do you not realize blizzard has more games than just WoW?