Blizzard Just Refused to Review My Case

Hello all,

I tried all I possibly could to ask for help from Blizzard’s customer support team but no one is willing to look into my issue or provide any explanation on the ban.

Before July 24, I only had one WoW license, which is WoW1. I received an email from Blizzard saying that my WoW1 was banned because of someone (I still don’t know who) logged into my account from China used bug and they decided to ban my account for one month. However, for some reason I’m still able to log in to WoW so I called customer support team to point out that my account should have been banned and I was not supposed to be able to log in. And, I pointed out that I don’t know anyone currently in China and it is impossible that a Chinese could be able to log in to my account without my permission. The guy who called me after I submitted a ticket told me that there’s a note on my account and he’s not able to do anything to this issue and my WoW1 account would be “correctly” banned during the normal workdays (it was Saturday when I called).

Since there was nothing I could do about the issue and I was playing closely with my guild, I then bought a WoW2 license and subscription to make sure that in the near future I would still be able to play with my lovely guild people when my WoW1 is banned.

On Tuesday, July 27th, I received emails regarding ban action has now been correctly taken on my account. When I went online and checked, I found out that both my WoW1 and WoW2 was banned!!!

I submitted tickets, chatted with customer supports, everyone is giving me response like a robot “This penalty has been upheld, any further ticket will not be reviewed.” I’m not asking to appeal for any penalty on my WoW1 account. But what about my WoW2? It was fresh and I have only logged in for like few times. Does that mean I can not purchase WoW at all until September? Is buying WoW2 my fault???

Okay, just so you know, no one here can un-ban your account(s), or conduct a review.

Usually when it get’s to this point, it’s over.

But I don’t think we are getting all the details.

6 Likes

The ban on WoW1 was ok tome, I understand that it is my responsibility to keep my account safe. What about WoW2 tho? Are we not allowed to purchase new license after one of the account is banned?

Or something is running on your computer which is flagging Warden.

5 Likes

This is more than likely the issue.
Are you using a vpn or Tor?

FWIW, they review actions against accounts by a different person. Looks like that person came to the same conclusion which is why they worded the action as being “upheld”.

I confirmed with the guy who called me that the ban was only because of “account sharing” tho. Plus I just bought my computer last month and the only things I currently have is ff14 pycharm twitch discord and wow… I’d love to double check with Blizzard to find out the reason behind this but they just refuse to look into it…

Check your battle net account email address to see if there’s any malicious log ins on the account history.

2 Likes

This interests me, because it could very well be a phishing attempt. However, going by how your interactions with support went, I have a feeling there’s something else going on here.

That, or you have some very severe issues with someone from China being able to access not one, but two accounts.

1 Like

But I just bought my WoW2… What I’m thinking is, they put a ban note on my account but forgot to take action to ban it -> I called them and the support submitted a ticket about this issue -> I bought WoW2 -> The team who handles bans came into the office and saw the ticket -> “Ok, I will ban this account” and then just somehow ban both of my accounts…

or it could be possible that your battle net account is compromised itself.

new computer doesn’t mean a sterile environment.

there was a brief time when my bnet wasn’t separate from my personal email; after having alerts about log in attempts, i made sure to make a new private email for my battle net.

3 Likes

You keep saying that, but it does appear that they did look into it and the ban was upheld. They won’t let you continue to appeal just because you think you may get lucky and get a different opinion.

They typically do not give details as that leads to hackers using that info to get around their security mechanisms.
They do, however rely upon logs and physical information when a ban is reviewed.

Because people do make mistakes, a review of a ban is done by a separate person from the person who originated the ban.
If two separate people look at the data and come to the same conclusion, the ban is upheld.

1 Like

You may also want to do a security scan of your system.

Anti-malware programs only find what they look for and no program looks for everything. Run whatever anti virus program you currently use, but also download and install the freeware version of Malwarebytes. It has a habit of picking up many things other programs missed. Occasionally however, another program finds something Malwarebytes missed, but that is relatively rare.

2 Likes

I am not going to belabor Account 1 - I’m fairly certain we both know what happened there. There was a review going on between the time you received that letter, and it was actually locked.

During that time, you transferred your Warlock to Account 2. There is the issue, I don’t know if you are familiar with the term ‘fruit from the poisonous tree’.

So I had this looked into further. Best we can do is a compromise. We’ve put that character back onto the suspended account (which by rights shouldn’t have been transferable), refunded that transfer - and reopened Account 2.

The suspension on Account 1 ends 9/1.

I know that probably isn’t all you were hoping for, but that seemed the fairest thing to do all around.

33 Likes

So nice of the moderator to help out here. I hope the OP is appreciative of the effort. Seems like a pretty reasonable compromise to me. I’m wondering why the GMs couldn’t address this with the OP directly?

5 Likes

They probably would have, had the OP not come on to their forums slamming them. In this case Orlyia clarified what occurred so there would be no misunderstanding n either the OP’s part, or anyone that came in and saw the OP’s rant.

9 Likes

What it looks like to me is that OP was able to transfer a character off an account that should have been suspended (thus making it ineligible for any account or character services). Orlyia just helped ensure that glitch was corrected.

7 Likes

Yep. I, for one, would appreciate her extra effort here to help clarify the issue and drive what seems to be a reasonable compromise to the situation. I’m just curious why a GM couldn’t have done the same thing for the OP in a private chat or phone call instead of Orylia doing it publicly. Again, if it were me (which it wouldn’t be), I’d be very appreciative of her assistance. Gold star for Orylia today!

I think part of what Orylia was saying is that by most of the standards of their policy, freezing both accounts was the right thing to do.

Frankly, given the OP’s confrontational style, do you wonder why someone didn’t go out of their way to help?

3 Likes

Well, certainly an easy way to address the situation. Glad Orylia got it to a reasonable place.

Um… someone did. Just curious why someone else did not.

The someone who did is also the only on who revealed that the op had transferred a character from the banned account to the new account. Probably the others got tired of being told that the op hadn’t done anything wrong with their second account, and were following their policy. It seems to me like Orylia made a fairly large exception when someone was not being truthful only to be nice, and that this is not regular practice.

7 Likes