Blizzard is too reactive

I was crying about no BGs 2 weeks after launch. Games boring with out them. Forget anyone who wants to force me and wait to have fun

Based on personal past experience, I find this an entirely plausible prediction.

Not quite. I’m saying the meters are a poor indication of class contribution, not because it’s not giving you data, but because the picture it creates is always incomplete. The people who know how to use them properly despite that lack are also the people who need it least, because they know what to be looking for in a given fight, anyway.

As noted above, though, many (if not most) people don’t know what to use them for, and that’s where the problem lies, and why I say they’re a poor measure. The people who need them the most understand them the least.

That’s fair, but your stance is then predicated on the grounds of self-improvement. I don’t believe in self-improvement—at least not as the sole avenue for performance gains.

If a raider in my guild is doing something incredibly wrong, real-time metrics from meters allow me pinpoint what the problem is and make suggestions to fix it on the spot.

As you say, someone who needs help the most, will most likely not know how to utilize these tools to their fullest effect to read and digest the data presented. But the nice thing about the meters is that they were formerly uniform across the group. Anyone could see them, and point things out. This change actively decreases the quality of the available data, outside log updates, which is far less “real-time” unless you want to be clicking through pages on a live-log on your second screen throughout the raid.

You wonder why Blizzard doesn’t communicate or act. It’s always a double edged sword for them, they just can’t win. Back in vanilla, you didn’t have nearly as much PvP activity mainly to server capacity and people not knowing how to play effectively. If I was to log on now and fly to searing as a druid with Max stealth that even rogues can’t detect, I would expect 4 deaths, 2 when I landed. I would have to stealth from the FP all the way to the UBRS entrance and it would take a good 40 min. If i didn’t stealth, I would die 8+ to ganks. Bgs are needed asap, anyone saying otherwise has clearly not played a non dominate alliance PvP server.

Dont argue with them Ragefist, they can’t even tell what is a parse and what is a dps meter.

They are the camp thinking “dps meters are toxic to the game because it highlights how bad I’m performing”

Then they sit and wonder who keeps ninja pulling the boss and wiping the raid.

1 Like

Not sure you understand the information the meters provide. Dps is like the 4th most important of the info the meters offer. It absolutely tells you what contributions are being made.

1 Like

Not if your role was DPS.

2 Likes

Lol indeed, it’s probably getting a lot more real hits now.

2 Likes

He can say that, but i can still see what he is doing 200 yards away
so it would not go well for him when i can show him doing nothing

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

This is not the definitive reason.

Carry on.

What is?

That there’s no reason to delay BG’s?

I’d say there’s more people impatient for BGs as a side activity and can’t be bothered continuing on without them. But that’s my interpretation. It could be both, or including many other reasons. We can only speculate. We can’t give a definitive reason or explanation.

Except that doing so shifts the meta for honor farming from world PvP to BGs, and many people, such as myself, much prefer to farm kills for honor than flags.

I’m not looking forward to capture the flag for 16 hours a day.

In fairness, meters by and large are used in a cancerous way.

Don’t forget they changed mob pack leashing in the entire game over 1 hunter quest.

So don’t do it? Are you serious about getting rank 14?

And also the honor system without BG’s really does very little for pve realms.

This is how we got to retail today. Because of all the idiots blizzard caters too.

3 Likes