Blizzard is not prepared

…for Classic launch. Just look at how well (ha!) the stress tests have been going. Unable to connect to the server, unable to create a character, massive lag, disconnecting every few seconds. Yes, I know this is what stress tests are for. The Classic hype is real though, with everyone and their brother wanting to try it. Calling it now, launch will be worse then WoD launch.

9 Likes

At the risk of stating the obvious…

Working as intended.

25 Likes

So what you’re saying is… they are going all the way with the authentic feel of classic? Because woo boy, those first two days were rough.

13 Likes

So, it really IS like vanilla. Lag, dc’s, and all.

22 Likes

Personally, I won’t be happy until I get stuck in the looting animation for six hours.

16 Likes

Hi Illidan! It’s been too long since we last met, you look different.

You heard it here Blizz. All we want to see is a^&es and elbows! :crazy_face:

1 Like

You asked for nostalgia and they’ve provided. I see no problem here.

7 Likes

All hail classic wow!

Ha Za!

:woman_mage:

1 Like

And yet you started this thread anyway. Fascinating.

10 Likes

You might try again. I couldn’t get in until about 30 minutes ago.

Maybe they were stress testing login?

WoD launch was really bad

1 Like

The point of a stress test is to punish the server as hard as possible to see where failure breakpoints and crash thresh holds are.

Honestly, complaining about not being able to log on during a stress test is silly. The whole point is overloading the server to see how much it can handle while over-capacity.

9 Likes

I can’t wait to go get stuck fighting a spider in the Arathi Highlands just to have everything crash and find myself dead once able to log in.

Good times. Good, good times.

(And if their doing a repeat of the opening of the Gates of AQ can’t wait to find myself on a boat stuck on some mountain.)

5 Likes

Except in the blue post and thread announcing today’s stress test (WoW Classic Stress Test on May 29), they acknowledged that the login and other problems encountered in the first stress test didn’t allow enough people in to test the stuff they wanted to stress test, like layering. Hence, today’s stress test was scheduled so that they could try to accomplish what they wanted in the first test.

Yet once again, the login and character creation issues occurred, keeping people out of the game itself, resulting in not enough people getting in to properly stress test the layering tech. In fact. for me and others, we didn’t even make it as far into the login/character creation process today as we did last time, so in that sense, it was even a step back not forwards. It was only after the two hour official stress test window that most people were able to finally get into the game.

But I suppose the good news is that they will need to schedule a new stress test in a week or so to finally get to where they wanted to be the first time around, and the second time around. Hopefully the third time will be the one that finally works and they can finally move past stress testing the login process and character creation/selection issues.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

There’s so many people trying to get into the stress tests… Im surprised. I expected lower turnout after the first stress test massacred the server. But this time I couldn’t even get in game for the first hour. I gave up.

Whats crazy is they are running these stress tests smack in the middle of the work week, and in the middle of a work DAY. Like, it would be even crazier if they tried this on the weekend when people were actually able to play.

Launch is going to be nuts man. The beta servers are still crashing hours later.

1 Like

Yeah I can see this happening. I will wait a week before I attempt to make one character on Classic. My friend is twisting my arm. Otherwise I would pay no nevermind & not regret it one bit. Cheers all.

Exactly. SO MANY PEOPLE want to try Classic. This is great for the game itself, but not for their servers.

I want Classic to be successful. That’s why I’m taking part in the stress test. I’m still afraid launch day is gonna be really bad though.

1 Like

Worrying about things you have no control over is a waste of time. Relax my dude. You’re stressing yourself out for no reason. Let the things you cannot control do their thing.

1 Like

I couldn’t even install the beta game without it continuously overwriting retail! IMO, Blizz isn’t prepared for anything anymore and the game is going down.

1 Like