Blizzard is adding achievements sigh

Achievement tracking code was in original TBC. Which is why you retroactively got a bunch of achievements when you logged on to the WOTLK pre-patch back in original TBC. Thought this was common knowledge. The backend for tracking being there does not mean we will ever see a front end UI for players to interact with until WOTLK…

Also everyone keeps bringing up this warp stalker data mine, can you link to it being for sale anywhere? or confirmed to actually be a mount to obtain? We aren’t getting RAF Zhevra’s, were you angry that players could buy a Zhevra back in the day?

3 Likes

I can see it now… LFM must have “achievement” or auto denied… it’s getting pretty slippery out here

2 Likes

I just also mined the data and this is what I found.

Frostbolt now has a 70% mortal strike effect.

Mages now get 2 charges of blink.

Arcane Blast has a purchasable MTX that makes your blasts explode with a rainbow confetti.

Escape artist now also makes you immune to slows and roots for 3 seconds after use.

I’m still mining for more data.

4 Likes

You missed the data mine where they are going to go ahead and give humans Every Man for Himself racial.

1 Like

I’ve never been an achievement or mount collector so it baffles me to consider how, if they actually did add achievements to TBC, it would screw over anything? Someone enlighten me, obviously I just don’t get the crying…

3 Likes

Who cares? People have been elitist jerks for years, ignore them?

I looked and couldn’t find a Classic mount on the store?

Isn’t TBC being built on the retail client/server? If so it will have lots of functionality built in that probably won’t be exposed to players, simply because they wouldn’t want to use it. So I wouldn’t assume just because something can be datamined that it will actually be in the game, and that we won’t have to wait till Wrath releases out in the future.

It is. But, since it wasn’t here before then added i doubt they won’t use it.

They aren’t adding code for fun i guess.

Don’t worry they’ll add a 70 boost and a t6 set boost too. Then when WOTLK comes out they’ll have a lvl 68 boost as well as a DK 70 boost. Then they add the cash shop and the WoW Token and it becomes exactly like retail, hooray.

achievements have no effects on the game systems. neither does a basic barbershop. The most important part of the game is the game systems/mechanics/ class skills and talents.

Achievements wont change the way TBC is played neither would a basic barbershop.

2 Likes

They wont do that. Though a 68 boost with wrath i cant say but that might be true if they keep the boost for tbc.

There are no shop mount. There is one “deluxe edition” exclusive mount that will probably only be available for a few weeks around launch. Every single expansion has had pets or mounts with collector/deluxe editions, this is no different.

And tokens were datamined for classic. Last time I checked they dont exist on classic outside of china.

I would like to see what will the deluxe edition cost.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay

Remove the first part and he is probably right.

I’d guess $20

So, hands up if you actually think this is just adding Classic achievements into the retail achievement list, and has nothing to do with adding achievements into Classic or TBC Classic

hand up

2 Likes

With all the brain dead post on here I never know if this is meant to be serious or not.

They could be putting the code in place to prepare for WoTLK when they will turn it on during pre patch.