Blizzard is adding achievements sigh

I thought achievements were added in TBC? I feel like I remember leveling up fishing specifically to get the Lurker achievement from SSC, am I crazy?

Acheivements were added in Wrath

******Also the only mount that has currently been datamined/found is the warp stalker mount which appears to be part of a TBC:C collectors edition package. Adding in the achievement tracking framework doesnt mean they’re full on adding achiev’s to TBC:C. There is no mention of that on WoWhead only that the framework was found on datamining

1 Like

Yep, that’s my argument against.

Which lines up with what happened when achievments hit.

Thank you for the clarification I guess I just leveled fishing for the satisfaction of being the one to summon the sucker. The things we’d do back then to keep ourselves entertained :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will agree that retail is a terrible incarnation of the game. What I disagree with is how you think anything that’s different from TBC is “part of the avalanche that ruined the game leading to retail”.

This is some QAnon level silliness.

1 Like

5G caused achievements and boosts.

Let’s get our facts straight people!

12 Likes

FYI this was datamined from CLASSIC ERA PTR realms and has absolutely nothing to do with TBC.

7 Likes

This can actually be a good set of news for the wow tbc economy if mount and pet collection tabs mean that mounts can be a gold sink to drain excess gold away from the economy.

This datamining, just as, “confirmed” as the mount?

Achievement was a horrible addition to the game and another step into turning it to a souless, fake, boring and childish game …

They not only should not add it here, but they should also remove in from the classic WOTLK pack…

3 Likes

I disagree. Achievements gave players something to work towards, and I personally found satisfaction in many of them akin to leveling up. It also gave people reasons to do more content.

But it shouldn’t be added until classic Wrath.

4 Likes

Hot take. I disagree

3 Likes

Are you one of those kind of fearmongers too?

4 Likes

If we are going to go this far let’s get duel spec, and mount tab.

This is being added to (potentially) Classic Era.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING EVEN ON THE TABLE FOR TBC.

1 Like

They’d never add achievements, faction changes, tokens or boosts- the forums said these things could never happen so you’d best believe the Blizz shills, they’re always right.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t mind achievements but i wish they wouldn’t add store mounts

There’s no confirmation of the mount being a store mount for Classic TBC. If anything, it doesn’t make sense for TBC anyway - ground mount only in the era that introduced flight.

People thought that the machines and robots would destroy the world in the year 2000.

You should check outside. The sky might be falling.

1 Like