Blizzard ignored player feedback on sky riding

Wouldn’t it be even better if you could pick though? Seems to me like more options is a good thing

1 Like

Why would you be switching back and forth so much? You fly to the scene of a group of quests, switch once to regular flying and you should be able to stay there until that questing stream is done. Then you use your heathstone to go back to the base city to dump off stuff, sort out new armor, transmog to your favorite outfit etc.

So that’s 10 seconds for each major questing thread.

The main pinch point for me with the skyriding update is that before the patch, I could use both.

I was able to fly normally in travel form or some mounts and dragonride on my dragonriding mounts.

Now I’m forced into one or the other and it is an inconvenience I never thought would be that large…but here I am complaining on the forums hoping they find a way to let us use both.

6 Likes

You would lose 3 hours of your life over the next two years if you only do that 2 times a day…ie swap to slow, then swap back to fast. That is 3 hours more just on the transition time compared to doing the same thing on the older system…ie an extra 3.5 seconds per swap. Everyone plays different. Some do it more than others some less…a lot do it way more when harvesting ore or plants.

That is not much switching at all. Pretty sure with gathering I did that more often in the past expansion just from gathering and the random weird spot to get to. That is a ridiculous difference for seemingly no reason.

Why not let people play the way they want to, and the way they were? It’s more time than you think…because of math.

Edit: oh and just one more thing…sorry but making this not persist through log outs and even character swaps is worse. Anyone who only wants slow flying has to do this every time they log in I believe. They used to just use a different mount. Very poor design.
Edit 2: I am incorrect on this. I swear it did it the other day but maybe they fixed the persistence issue…so at least it stays. Anyway I am mistaken on that.

1 Like

I have 0 issues with dragonridding or sky ridding they gave us a togle between the 2 (its under dragon ridding skills). I mount just as fast into whatever one i want to use. If your trying to bounce rapidly between the 2 well…its not really necessary if you plan.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re on about, I feel no difference when I sky ride…

Why not? It’s in Blizzard’s best interest to make gameplay as convenient as possible.

Really sad… do they not even play their own game?

1 Like

I gave up figuring that out long long ago.

Not 100% of the time.

Why do mounts have a cast time?

It could be immersion, it could be technical, it could be time played metrics, it could be “just because they do”

Blizz has adopted this super weird attitude that the players should be forced to like what they like and if not they’re punished.

3 Likes

Well, the GM person they have responding here doesn’t even know englash lol, so wut do you expect? The company needs so much help

I’m your biggest fan

The cast time should be either nonexistent, or 1.5s as that’s how long it took to swap between non and dragonriding mounts.

No I don’t even care if I can’t do that and have to land.

Doing the Zereth Mortis meta achieve as an example - a tonne of it involves landing on small ledges and targets and tree branches as well as crossing the zone and rushing to boss spawns. If I had to do a 5 second cast every single time I swapped I’d have lost HOURS of my life switching back and forwards and probably would have put a keyboard through the screen in frustration.

I will never understand why the Devs hate giving us options. It’s always either/or. We had dragon flying and BC flying working perfectly fine 4 days ago. Do they wake up thinking of ways to annoy us? Mounts that didn’t inherit dragon flying are grounded too if you don’t use that idiotic 5 second switch. I guess my game time remaining will be spent in cata classic cause retail makes no sense whatsoever.

I’m just happy I finished remix before this nightmare. I’ll play when mop classic comes.

1 Like

what drugs are you on and where can i buy some?

1 Like

Flying =/= hearthstone, Flying =/= changing spec, Flying =/= dungeon ports.

I don’t follow your logic on anything. Dragon flying is a terrible system to begin with, the vigor system is horribly designed. If they want dragon flying at all time, then why not remove vigor? It has it’s flaws, that’s why mounts were separate prior to this patch. Now you’re forced to either be slower (which is okay, but the swap glitches and you end up having to constantly recast it), or forced to dragon fly all the time.

2 Likes

They dont listen to anybody, only shareholders

1 Like

I was fine with the old system and kept two mounts on the action bar; one for regular and one for unleaded. For me it was something not broken that didn’t need to be fixed. (Kind of like switching yellow ! for quests with the - for me, anyway - much harder to see light blue !

2 Likes