Blizzard has heard Night Elf fan points

I’m joking, classifying someone as a Blizzard employee or any other secret agent out to subvert the the public image is largely a fantasy. Those people who do do that are vastly outnumbered by the people who just think differently. Hence why generally speaking i’v been quick to dismiss any notion that Katiera, or Akiyass, or Elesana, or whoever isn’t a Night Elf fan and is just someone in disguise.

You don’t know that, and you can’t be the arbiter of who is a ‘fan’ of something or who is just ‘delusional’ about this or that. I might vehemently disagree with a wide variety of opinions on this forum, I may view many of them as having questionable sanity, but I don’t know these people personally. I cannot make that call, I can only read their bits of text and infer what they might believe.

And that’s just not enough to claim someone isn’t ‘really’ something.

9 Likes

Positions and opinions should be dealt with on their own merits without having to attack what the player “really is” or why they are taking up their positions. If someone really believes another persons position isn’t a serious one then they simply don’t have to engage it.

That being said, if someone stoops to trying to attack me for being “really” this or that, I will do it back sometimes.

edit: Especially because this is a video game and these factions aren’t real. In real life I think it is valid to question someones motives for their ideological positions at times, because, well it’s the real world and there is material interest involved.

1 Like

Eh, that’s just part of being human and I wouldn’t think less of you for it. I try to pride myself on dogmatically adhering to beliefs, to ensuring I am always arguing in a reasonable and sensible way so that even if I fully disagree with someones take they can at least puzzle out how I reached my conclusion.

But adhering to an idealized image of a person who never contradicts themselves and is incapable of stooping to a lower level to fight when the gloves are off isn’t just unreasonable, it’s arguably not healthy. People have base impulses, they have bad days, they tire of dealing with the same attacks on their character over and over again. If you try to electro-shock yourself until you can’t even consider being mad at someone it takes away from the effort of maintaining your integrity. It becomes self inflicted brainwashing, or just a mask, not the real you.

5 Likes

The hood is the wrong shape on blood elf males – and that’s the only race or sex in the game that it’s the wrong shape on. It doesn’t fit the angular mask, so you can see the character’s forehead. To this day I’m certain someone at Blizzard really hated blood elves and did that on purpose.

1 Like

The Horde pretty much isn’t present in 8.3, and I doubt they will have much presence in Shadowlands, so it doesn’t seem like a problem to me any more.

Well, that doesn’t make the Horde any less evil

1 Like

Wait so all the horde being able to beat ONE alliance race is horde bias???

How much to the alliance want to overpower the horde??? Every single time their is a fair fight between both side the alliance win. The one time that the whole horde army fight only one alliance race and win its horde bias…

Geez i with that the horde could have only one race that is so strong that we could expect them to beat the whole alliance alone…

2 Likes

Not only that, but the nelves didn’t even have their entire army.

the horde winning when it brought eight nations against the fragments of one nation is apparently “”“horde bias”""

2 Likes

I does however make the Horde not particularly relevant to even my Horde characters.

Correction here. They didn’t have an army at all. It was predominantly to my understanding, a green inexperienced civilian militia against horde regulars.

1 Like

That’s not true. Even the books (flawed and written with biased perspectives as they are) disagree with that.

Their army just wasn’t there for the most part.

And as I appreciate your comments, you still have a big problem with the Horde’s portrayal that they had problems against civilians who learned to defend themselves, which any night elf can apparently do, and is not illogical in view of a lifetime of thousands of years.

3 Likes

No I don’t. Even in the book it doesn’t state that.

The fighting had taken on a rhythm that the night elves could not stop. Saurfang’s armies moved forward in small groups until they faced resistance, and then they stood fast. The night elves only had the numbers to hold the line in one or two locations—Malfurion was a front all on his own, but Sylvanas was on his heels, daring him to rest long enough for her to catch him. Every other part of the offensive would push forward. If the night elves pulled back, they would be harried by Horde scouts. If they held position, they would be quickly surrounded. The Horde did not need to break the night elves’ defenses, not when they could go around them.

That made it seem clean and easy, of course. War was neither of those things.

There had been plenty of instances where Horde soldiers had pushed forward into an ambush. Malfurion struck hard all across the Horde’s lines, killing those foolish enough to charge into battle with him. When the final numbers were tallied, there would be more slain Horde than kaldorei.

Malfurion was the deciding factor for the elves. not the night elven army. not the night elven civilians who had been soldiers in their lives.

Then look at the other battles where normal night elves without Malfurion have lured the Horde into ambush situations.

I know these two short stories very well, I also know that Malfurion was a big part of it, I never said they were invincible, I just said the Horde had their difficulties with them.

The Night Elves didn’t have any more, they had the volunteer civilians and their young generation of soldiers + Malfurion.

1 Like

From Elegy:

All who could walk were pressed into service. Even those generally regarded as civilians—tailors, food merchants, innkeepers—had learned over centuries how to fight well enough to defend themselves. Those few who could not—mothers with infant children, the wounded—had been portaled to Stormwind when the magi arrived.

Delaryn watched, feeling wretched, as those she had ostensibly been sent here to protect joined their Sentinel sisters in racing silently across the bridges, armed with bows and daggers.

She felt, rather than heard, Ferryn step beside her. He placed a hand, warm and strong, on her shoulder, and for the briefest moment, Delaryn would have given anything to lie with him again as they had this morning, before the quiet of their forest had been shattered. Or better yet, to walk with him in a Darnassus that was safe and calm.

The magi stood, awaiting the order. Delaryn took a deep breath. “Burn them.”

Sarvonis cupped each of his hands and moved them around one another. Delaryn was absurdly reminded of how she’d once made a snowball on the top of a mountain and flung it at an unsuspecting Ferryn. The memory quirked her lips in the ghost of a smile.

There was a tiny flicker of light in the mage’s palm, which grew into a small ball of orange flame. The ball sprang from Sarvonis’s hands, soaring toward the bridge. The beautiful construction burst into flames, filling the night with a loud, angry crackling.

The faint sounds of shouting reached Delaryn’s ears, and a thin trail of smoke climbed upward from the distant trees. One siege engine was already destroyed, then—one fewer machine to rain stones upon a city that had endured so much in its short life.

And then . . . the pounding of drums.

After the first round of sabotaging the Horde’s siege engines, Delaryn called her forces back to the western bank of the Falfarren. They had done what they could, but now, the Horde was coming to them. And Delaryn let them.

The night elves were equipped with horns. Any time the Horde gathered on the opposite side of the river and began to swim across, the kaldorei fired their arrows, clogging the river with Horde bodies. When an enemy made it to shore, the night elves descended upon their luckless foes, surrounding and butchering them, retrieving the arrows that had ended their lives, then turning on the next Horde members who had the misfortune to have slogged forward.

3 Likes

I was there chief. That literally never happens.

This is not an argument from Lore’s point of view, this is simply your inability, out of pride, to see something that is so clearly described just because…it does not suit your imagination?

2 Likes

Because it doesn’t suit fact. Because the developers of the game informed us not to take what characters say or think as 100% fact. They did not tell us not to take what we experience as fact (when uncorrupted, at least.)

I saw Malfurion kill Horde. I did not see archers pile up bodies in a river.

CHARACTERS see what they see. Saurfang has BEEN what happened there, the characters have seen it, experienced it, so the Horde has had more military casualties than the Alliance.

This is a narrator…a narrator, narrators aren’t characters, he’s describing what’s definitely happening right now, he’s not a character’s opinion.

You’re just twisting words around and undermining your credibility to even consider yourself a serious debater just because you’re unable to see things you don’t like.

Imagine, I’m pretty sure that many trolls don’t always like everything either, or blood elves, or night elves.

Really, that is so childish of you, Dreadmoore!

3 Likes

Due to Malfurion, yes. In ONE encounter. That was not the sum total of the War of Thorns, even before we burned the tree.

It’s Delaryn.