Blizzard, give us official rules and guidelines for AV

Well,only thing to say is ,“You can’t just sit on the mound !”

The only time a ban should potentially come from any bg is when a player is actively and repeatedly working to sabotage games. There could be legitimate reasons a player is afk, too.

Dead keyboard/mouse.

Broken or powered off receiver for wireless(that does happen).

Windows even defaults for usb hubs to shut off for power saving even if high performance power mode is set. Something that has to be turned off manually under properties of the device manager. This has happened to me during playing with a microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse combo. What are they supposed to do? Hardboot their system to prevent someone freaking out and getting them banned? Run to shut off the router?

But when it is happening to the boosted or people with store mounts, COME ON! Do I have to tell my wife to change her mount macro to stop using her store mounts in bg’s now? Some spiteful group of no-lifers decide to punish someone they don’t know over some bs?

When there is the potential for far more innocent people to be caught in this net than the malicious individuals, DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE THAT SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS instead of some generic, “Hur dur well do what da group told ya.”

4 Likes

Korrak’s revenge was cool. The elite NPCs everywhere slowed the teams down just enough that zerging isn’t practical, and you can make a surprising amount of impact by just warning the team to not fall into the trap of piling into a heavily guarded Galvanger or rallying up a few other players to go camp a tower until it’s burned or take back a bunker.

If I recall you couldn’t queue for it in merc mode either. Was nice for the Alliance team to not be awash in honor-seeking freshly capped Horde for once.

1 Like

DUDE!!! That was great story telling, never stop… XD

You guess are literately killing me, I’m laughing so hard my brain is going to shut down from the pressure. XD this is great stuff.

As someone who defends IBT and TP consistently, this makes me really sad and anxious. Defense is a winning strategy, even if you are alone. One person can make the difference, slow down the opposing team just enough. Why punish them?

4 Likes

Oh, Blizzard. Being a clown is so you nowdays!

I don’t think that’s the problem people have here though - things like fishing are non participation (as a few people pointed out in regards to the OP), but guarding a base is participation. Capping mines is participation.

Guarding is an integral part of PvP.

And if someone enjoys guarding, and they get non-participation reports because they’re guarding - they’ll be unfairly actioned for non participation when they were participating.

If they allow people to report you simply because you have a different opinion of what’s important in a bg (capping mines, backcapping GYs, etc.) then that’s just open to abuse.

Non-participation is a real problem in bgs, but surely they could easily have a flag in place where if it senses you near a flag, it labels you as a defender. (There’s literally a buff for this in one of the bgs, iirc.) Or if you’re in the mines actively killing mobs then it should know you are participating to claim the mines, etc.

5 Likes

The view is that BGs are a team sport. If you are not helping the team, and the team feels you are dead weight enough to report you, then that is what they are going off of. It has to be reports over multiple games with no healing/dps done. While technically someone CAN just camp out at a spot, if the team does not want that to happen Blizz is currently seeing that as not helping the team and leaching honor.

That’s the problem though - that’s open to interpretation, and thus, abuse.

I view defending as important and integral. Some people do not and will report people defending as non-participation.

Someone defending does way more than someone who chases down a solo opposite faction person running away from them, yet that person isn’t flagged for non participation.

5 Likes

I think you forgot one OP…

Stand AFK in the graveyard

Which is probably what happened

classic has an honor weekend coming up.

and discount prices honor (wrath pre patch nice gift thing) only for nice gear (brutal gear even). so its spammed for gear up.

so there is that.

but this is was false reporting in many cases. People aren’t liking the 70 boosties. or the fact classic AV lets in non level caps. you can see 62 Dk’s for example.

their auto reports system was not prepared…lol

My mother-in-law made a surprise visit was the reason for my AV AFK.

To see a gold agree that having a different tactic in the bg warrants a ban. Wow. This company is a joke.

9 Likes

Bwahaha so If I cap a flag and start defending it. I can get banned for non participation ?? :crazy_face:

Pvp sucks in this game lolz :rofl:

2 Likes

Blizzard’s policy is that if your team feels you are not participating they can report you. So it means your team is not happy and does not feel you are helping. The reports alone don’t do much. The game logs have to show no DPS/healing over multiple games before the GMs will consider it a non-participation infraction.

If your team WANTS you to go defend a point they won’t be reporting you.

1 Like

Yeah but here’s the thing if you play Av and start capping/defending the flags you can legitly go 5 to 6 games without doing any healing or damage because that how fast AV can end. One team will move left and other right. By the time you reach the end boss from the tower the boss will be dead.

Second, you don’t need an entire team to defend one flag - a single player can prevent than sneaky coward feral from stealing it just by being there .

The logs will not show any of this , it should always be innocent until proven guilty.

4 Likes

That is just it, they are considering the logs as proof a person is not innocent.

• Team has to report you stating they don’t agree with your actions in the BG
  • It has to happen over multiple games that the team is not happy and reports you
  • The logs have to show no DPS/Healing over those multiple games.

I think the policy and the meta are worth discussing of course. It still all hinges right now on your team not agreeing your play style is valid for what the team wants. Can that be abused? I suppose yes. But if the logs are not backing the non participation then there is no penalty.

I suspect people are getting bans for “defending” while watching TV or something.

2 Likes

Yeah, uh, it’s extremely hard to believe this considering people are getting unbanned now after community backlash.

You can repeat it over and over to your heart’s content, but nobody is going to believe you at this point.

3 Likes