Blizzard: Don't give in regarding Dungeon Finder

Condescending and snarky is entertaining.

1 Like

Ummm sure it is. Textbook contrarian take though.

The devs that specifically say they’re ignoring everyone on Twitter while pointing them here?

Absolutely stellar community engagement…

2 Likes

But I thought you guys were into that two posts ago? You are so focused on proving something to me that you’ve absolutely lost your point in the process. LeL

WOLk has a daily heroic because of how badges and badge gear works.

it will be fine.

it was fine when it was current, LFG only came in with the final 3 heroics. (including Halls of Reflection… the one everyone forgets about).

Into devs actively participating. This is the last time I give you the answer to 1+1.

Jokes on you this is Biology class.

I just know I will have to cut up a frog and throw up now. Can we do Chemistry instead?

3 Likes

Well this is definitely the type of quality community representative we should be asking important questions about game design.

1 Like

For Northrend dungeons, perhaps. Indeed, I have no particular concern regarding Northrend. However, for lower-level dungeons the lack of LFD WILL be an issue. I know this because it’s already an issue in TBC Classic. Boosting is rampant, and you can’t get dungeon runs for certain dungeons for love nor money.

5 Likes

in SoM, there is an auto-group for pvp, and BG queues are still not popping.

if players dont exist, LFD wont magically solve it.

This reminds me of the few times I hopped into RDF without my brothers and got like - 4 players from the same guild. 9 times out of 10 these were the absolute WORST runs, with them trying to dumb aggro on me or just being snotty in chat if I wasn’t top DPS, doesn’t matter if I was beating two of them on the meters If I wasn’t the best I was a hopeless scrub who didn’t deserve to be in the dungeon with them. Run finishes, I get my badges and think to myself "Good god, those four miserable jerks couldn’t even convince one more person from their guild to queue with them.

Every single one of your posts reminds me of those groups.

1 Like

Nah, just don’t use it if you don’t like it. Go ahead and spam for a tank for hours in chat. Meanwhile I’ll do 5-10 dungeons in LFD. There, both sides are happy.

1 Like

Nah.

The negative implications of RDF happen simply by its mere existence. It’s irrelevant if someone chooses or chooses not to use it, from one player to the next.

It simply being in the game, is the problem.

So that’s why they’ve chosen to remove it.

1 Like

Actually they chose to remove it because they’re poor decision makers, obviously.

3 Likes

Fair enough opinion, I guess.

I’m not actually saying this is a solution as-is, but let’s say Blizzard separated out realms by RDF. There’s a realm that has it, a realm that does not.

Would this choice be enough to mitigate the impacts of RDF for those who choose the non-RDF realm?

Honestly, I don’t think that’s a terrible idea conceptually, everybody gets what they want, but my guess is Blizzard wouldn’t opt to splinter the community that much. There’s also the chance that doing so would essentially cause worse populations in some places than we already have due to that splintering.

This choice would lead to the RDF realms being mega servers and the non rdf servers being dead dead

2 Likes

I think it ends after Wrath in terms of classic series can’t see them going into Cata.