Blizzard doesn't know if LFR is a difficulty or not

The official FAQ on Fated Raids lists LFR as a difficulty. An official GM response to my refund request states LFR is, in fact, not a difficulty. Not trying to stir any pots, just leaving these links here for the sake of debate.

Screenshot of the official Fated Raids FAQ: https://i.imgur.com/cqvqKlk.png

Screenshot of my recent ticket response: https://i.imgur.com/IFWAjfu.png

33 Likes

No wonder it took them months to change the achievements. They weren’t even sure themselves.

14 Likes

Lol, the incompetence. I guess they didn’t get rid of all of the toxic sludge at the company.

36 Likes

It’s entirely possible that the same spectrum of arguments and opinions we see on the forums are also happening within the dev team itself.

13 Likes

If they don’t consider LFR raiding, then why don’t they just delete LFR.
:expressionless:

They have a system in place, but then want to treat people who use it with disdain.

30 Likes

There it is!

“LFR is not a raid difficulty”.

Blizzard shows their true colors! They need to stop pretending they care about casual LFR players.

28 Likes

An argument could be made that LFR is in fact not a difficulty, as you cannot change your characters raid difficulty to LFR.

3 Likes

This company is a bigger joke than i thought they were it seems

20 Likes

I do believe the devs loathe LFR. Even ghostcrawler admitted to saying LFR is the worst feature he ever worked on.

Yet, they don’t remove it. Because they can’t, a lot of the player base is used to it and if they get rid of it without a viable replacement they will definitely lose quite a few people.

Ever since WoD Blizz has done everything they can to make LFR not desirable. In shadowlands, it’s probably in its worst state ever, the item level that drops from LFR is so bad that it is basically a waste of time right now because Zereth Mortis exists.

5 Likes

You know what, I’d actually like to see that happen. And see the raiding numbers after. Make it an experiment to see if we go back to hardly any participation so this needs to exist.

4 Likes

Imagine loathing your customers.

What an odd way to conduct business lol.

33 Likes

Well they loathe their workers too, so we are not alone.

27 Likes

Oh boy lmao, what an idiotic comment by that GM.

Then why nerf things there in the LFR, why have it as an option to begin with. At this point it is semantics :person_shrugging:

6 Likes

Because it still serves a purpose?

Blizzard’s official stance on if LFR is a raid or not depends one which will move the most WoW tokens at the time.

15 Likes

Because it’s there for the story.

I mean it makes sense to leave it in, it’s just so people can see the whole story that wouldn’t normally step foot in a raid. It’s basically a big world quest.

It’s a bit weird to conflate a GM’s response as a spokesperson for the entire company.

GM in this case qualified it with “LFR is not a selectable raid difficulty.” LFR is still a difficulty, so the GM is wrong there. But everyone saying “see?! this is proof they hate their customers” is just looking for excuses to be mad.

5 Likes

That’s a noob take, LFR isn’t listed as a difficulty in the portrait to be able to be selected because one cannot enter the raid normally, it requires a queue in the LFD interface, as such it’s not necessary/useful to appear as an option in the portrait right click menu.

What the actual hell? Do Blizz employees not receive proper training?

5 Likes

LFR will drop 265’s when season 4 goes live, making it the new ideal gearing option for casuals, next to say, maybe mythic 0’s. Not sure what they’re going to drop yet.

Cypher gear will remain the same, not going up in ilvl.

1 Like

Ok fine. I still fault the devs for their COMPLETE RADIO SILENCE when people asked about this weeks ago

3 Likes