Blizzard COULD Ban GDKP runs now the token is in the game

One idea could be to sell more dual spec slots for increased price or buy 310% for an outrageous price.

2 Likes

It should all be perma bannable. It’s turned the game pay to win. And before one of you bastions of knowledge, inform me if the point of the game is to get the best possible loot than I can win if I achieve it. And since I can with actual money, then what does that say?

4 Likes

One time stuff just encourage gold buying more, moreover if there’s a real advantage.

Housing can be the ultimate cosmetic to spend gold on but that require heavy development. Raising the ah taxes still is the most safest and cheapest way to burn gold in the long term.

Isn’t housing a one time purchase too?

There’s many ways to do it but you can add recurring payments on a lot of stuff. Let’s say you have a stable.

The point of the game is whatever you want it to be to be honest. One of my goals was getting the violet proto drake on all my 80s and after a year I got it on 8 (missed it on the priest because it wasn’t 80 and couldn’t go into Naxx for love is in the air).

As an OSRS enjoyer I would love a construction type money sink with player housing not gonna lie. Though in OSRS it’s just one time purchases too I guess.

1 Like

Go hit level 80 first before you call this game pay to win. You have no idea what you’re even talking about. You can literally pay the subscription fee, join a guild, and raid for free without ever spending any gold in a gdkp. If you say “well, I can’t commit to those schedules these raids have set.” Well then that sounds like a personal problem.

1 Like

That’s my point. Gold buyers bought what you were selling, and because they don’t care about in game prices, you were able to sell at a much higher price then you otherwise would have been able to. You wouldn’t have multiple characters at gold cap if it wasn’t for GDKPs.

1 Like

Not on my server… alchemy mats are ridiculously expensive. lichbloom alone is like 2 gp per and you need a bunch to make endless rage. The other mats are pretty expensive as well.
You’re lucky if they are 12 gps a potion on my server. It’s usually 15 gps.

I still think my purchase power would be the same however. Even if you took a 0 out of everyone’s gold the economy wouldn’t really change much. Individual item prices don’t operate on a vacuum.

1 Like

Yes, gold buying fuels inflation because bots can farm it 24/7.

1 Like

Who told you that lol?

Buying game time for gold requires that someone paid blizzard for a token. They aren’t losing any money by people using dirty gold.

You could argue that the value of the token being only 4.2k US means there are less interested token buyers, but if that was the case, the token price would start costing more gold as they dry up.

The fact that the token price is suppressed to 4k, means more people are buying tokens with money than selling gold for tokens.

err I think part of the reason they added the token was to profit from gdkps. Not sure why they’d ban them. The problem are bots and farmers and they could geolock them out of our servers but they’d rather make $$

1 Like

Where did anyone say they didn’t get chance at loot. Master looter doesn’t remove the ability to let them roll or bid on gear. Get out of here with that nowhere argument dear lord.

1 Like

Why do you need so much gold go carries to buy? Lol.

Then every game is pay to win by your logic. You really are such a bastion of knowledge yourself.

Gdkps are probably over 50% of the engagement this game gets from players.

Take them away and you no longer have a game. Or just have the same people moving on to complain and demonize the next thing they think is breaking the game for them until it is just them left and them alone.

And that’s a crappy system. Lots of gear can have great stats for mages and locks even with mp5 on it. If it has a gem slot it’s another reasonable excuse to roll on it. Just because it may not be as big of an upgrade doesn’t mean it’s not an upgrade. Sorry you think you matter more or something. Your ideas are straight trash my man. Dont quit your dayjob.