Get rid of these add-ons

I agree. if you hate MMORPGs don’t play them. stop trying to ruin the game, again.

I agree that some of the addons like group finder should not be in the game. This is a slippery slope and is exactly how we got retail to its current version, was allowing some things to be easier.

That would be because this isn’t what is condemned by the community. This is the result of a loud minority of people doomsaying out of irrational fear that it COULD even remotely be related to the downfall of retail, which it is not.

LFG itself was fine, it existed in TBC and Wrath, if you’ll remember (and the LFG global channel also existed in Vanilla…) - both expansions highly regarded and were objectively great considering the increased subscriptions during this time. It didn’t remove the sense of community on any realm. All it did was allow you to find a group without having to be in a capital city. Thats literally it. You still have to manually get to the dungeons and run them, usually involving some level of communication. Thats all this addon enables as well… people are really blowing ‘auto-invite’ or ‘easier grouping’ way out of perspective here. It doesn’t actually DO anything more than enable group finding anywhere.

It was later features that destroyed the sense of community in retail. When LFG started doing things like enable teleporting to dungeons or most grievously - when it enabled players to find players from other realms. With an infinitely revolving door of random players to play with, you lost your sense of self and became fully anonymous to everyone you played with… your actions meant little when you would never see the same person twice and you never had to be a part of your community for the same reason.

THAT is what killed everything and it doesn’t need to be explained to everyone that this addon lacks all of the critical features that enabled LFG to destroy everything in the first place.

I’m being sarcastic of course, A LOT OF YOU need this explained to you.

Interesting. We must play different games then, because half the time people in LFR, LFD and Trade seem to have no problem chatting on and on about trivial $#!%.

Besides being a little better at the game now than back then, oh and more politics now, I don’t remember the players today being any different than they were back in TBC.

Hahahahahahaha. You lose, retail casual.

I’ll go ahead and leave this here too so these stupid arguments can stop

2 Likes

how do I lose ?
I did not plan to use it anyway. I disagree with blizzard’s assessment which is my right, but in the end it was their choice not mine or yours.

weird calling me a retail casual when you have no classic PvP achievement ?

DId you guys not read this part?

I forgot how to read sorry :frowning:
begs for forgiveness

1 Like

Pfft get real :stuck_out_tongue: Some of these nerds will argue about anything, endlessly.

But now they can argue about something stupid and new! Bah, I might just go get drunk and check back in for the next outrage tomorrow.

do you know what the price of corn is in Florida?
Its a buck an ear!! Buccaneer. get it hahahaha

1 Like

We’re all probably burned out of discussing addons… I wonder what it will be tomorrow. Probably OP warriors and class balance. A whole lot of that brewing lately. :joy_cat:

whatever some random dude with a boatload of followers decides to make a video about.

1 Like

I smell multiboxing making a comeback. Didn’t get a lot of traction today because it was drowned out by LFG addons.

would be good practice on a pvp server.

I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me before. You’ve actually opened my eyes. Today I become a streamer. I will amass my own following and go on a crusade…

Against…

HATS THAT REMOVE YOUR CHARACTER’S HAIR

BLIZZ

COME ON

IT’S 2019 AND YOU SERIOUSLY CAN’T DISPLAY MY GUY’S HAIR UNDER WHITEMANE’S CHAPEAU? I KNOW WE ALL SAID #NOCHANGES BUT

take a second look at my legacy achievements and my FoT mounts section to be specific… I think I win.

what was your launch server? Did you get it during the 10 hours after the OG ring or on a new server?

Still pretty cool to see, not too many are seen anymore.

Kids these days and their crazy language amirite!!