Blizzard CEO Claims Systemic Harassment Accusations Made Up

Systemic harassment is not the same as overt. They were fired for overt harassment.

Systemic describes what relates to or affects an entire system.

1 Like

Of course. blame the unions.

what a slimeball.

4 Likes

Someone accused of something is claiming innocence. Why is this even something we need to discuss? Of course, they are. The alternative would be admitting guilt and giving away millions of dollars.

He needs to move the company out of California to a more business friendly state.
Until he does nothing is gonna change. The labor movement will kill the company if
he stays in California.

2 Likes

Wow…you’re siding with the CEO on this one? That’s a hot take.

6 Likes

Bobby belongs in jail.

2 Likes

On what charge? Making a profitable business isnt a crime.

2 Likes

TBH I’m inclined to believe him here. The media is notoriously bad at reporting things like this, just like they did with that NFL kicker who had his career ruined over something he had nothing to do with.

3 Likes

But for this one we don’t have to rely on the media. We can actually see the accusations in the California filing against Activision and the federal case where they had to pay $18 million.

If it were based solely on media reports I would agree.

3 Likes

Accusations are not evidence.

3 Likes

Agreeing to pay 18 million dollars isn’t enough evidence for you?

4 Likes

Blizzard just cannot stop making Ls.

1 Like

Woooooooooow. That’s…something. Not only is he saying that the allegations are false, but he’s trying to pin it on the employees trying to unionize making stuff up to make the company look bad.

That’s…something else. It’s like a two for one of corporate scummery!

4 Likes

PERSONAL THOUGHTS here. I don’t speak for Blizzard even under normal circumstances, but want to be super clear in this case.

That only works if you are a sleaze who tries to change the definition of “systemic”.

Did sexual harassment happen in all divisions, on all teams, and all levels? No. That was more isolated to certain individuals and teams. What was systemic was the cover up and mgt who knew, and did nothing.

Did unfair hiring and promotion practices happen (hiring and promoting friends/connections instead of open hiring/promotion) - yes. Did it happen across all divisions, teams, and levels? Probably not but it was fairly pervasive. Dumping the work of 3 people onto one person, isolating them, never promoting and paying them despite high quality work, etc. Yeah that sort of thing was often personal.

Did the company have policies against these things? Technically yes… so Bobby can pretend that the “system” was fine.

It was not. Just because he can try to pretend that if it was not the company policy to act like that, and it did not happen in every team, that it was not systemic? Mgt knew. HR knew. They knew for years. They did nothing in the name of profit (star performers), career (fear of being fired), or friendship.

I have very very rude words I would say but I can’t. Someone needs to draw an image of a giant bloated tick with his face, its legs stretching over the Activision, Blizzard, and King games buildings with sad withered workers inside.

He is mad workers stuck up for each other and spoke out. Blaming them for the bad abuses his companies overlooked. There would be no lawsuit if there was nothing to call out! He is pissed he got caught basically.

Couldn’t they have just let Blizzard have ONE win? Maybe? Diablo 4 is going to release tomorrow and this is getting attention instead of a fantastic game by a team who has worked their backsides off for 6 years. He just wants to be sure he gets his next yacht.

19 Likes

Those folks did not finally get fired for a lack of evidence. Nor did they settle the lawsuit for a lack of evidence.

10 Likes

i agree…i’m sure there was evil on both sides of this entire thing. :100:

1 Like

Agreeing to pay 18 million dollars to end legal proceedings when your company is worth 63 billion and earns 7-8 billion per year? That makes much more sense, and happens all the time.

I’m not saying they are innocent, but anyone who is saying either way without evidence is just speculating.

5 Likes

Boooooo, plebians and proles wanting a tiny sliver of Bobby’s yacht money for doing all the work while he chit-chats with Variety and watches eSports! How dare they!

4 Likes

I hope you hold this same level of skepticism for every person/company accused of a crime or code violation…but I doubt that you do.

4 Likes