Blizzard CEO Claims Systemic Harassment Accusations Made Up

"“We’ve had every possible form of investigation done. And we did not have a systemic issue with harassment — ever. We didn’t have any of what were mischaracterizations reported in the media,” Kotick asserts. “But what we did have was a very aggressive labor movement working hard to try and destabilize the company.”

Kotick places the blame for most of Activision’s image problems on what he calls “outside forces” and labor activity around the company. The Communications Workers of America and Activision employees have filed a stream of complaints against the company with the National Labor Relations Board. Kotick believes labor organizers are influencing the state and federal investigations into harassment and gender discrimination claims, as well as the Activision employee walkouts that have been staged periodically since 2021."

So why did all those top-level people at Blizzard get fired?

35 Likes

Are you trying to imply Bobby Kotick, the guy with a huge history of lying and abuse, is lying about abuse?

Say it aint so!

98 Likes

A CEO lying?

:scream: I can’t believe this could happen! :scream_cat:

44 Likes

He is cya mode…because he knows with the accusation from Microsoft that he’s going to be leaving.

And he wants to try to leave his legacy better than what it was.

6 Likes

He has his hands clasped together and he’s wearing an average shirt, I believe him.

:dracthyr_crylaugh: :dracthyr_lulmao: :skull:

9 Likes

Praying for that CMA turnaround.

I bet his 13th yacht told him to lie.

11 Likes

Oh wow, this thread is going to go well…

On that subject, I believe the employees.

23 Likes

Hang on. So the women that were harassed, supposedly portrayed in almost nude paintings in game and the one who committed suicide over harassment issues don’t exist?

15 Likes

This sort of thing is why I want the Microsoft deal to go through and for him to be gone.

23 Likes

We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong. It’s time to move on and stop talking about things I want you to stop talking about.

32 Likes

He is blaming the employees who wanted to unionize for making it up. The clearly was why Blizzard got a new President, new HR head, and lost some of their top people.

23 Likes

It’s so sad that people like bobby get golden parachutes regardless of what happens. Jesus.

30 Likes

He’s the sexual harassment expert who lawyered up to get out of a sexual harassment suit related to his personal aircraft’s flight attendant, and then stiffed his own lawyer on the bill, got sued by the lawyer, and ended up paying more to his own lawyer than he would have if he’d just settled the initial sexual harassment suit in the first place.

20 Likes

They did not. He is just interim for the deal to go through.

2 Likes

Unions are a pathway to many things some consider to be unnatural.
Is it possible to learn about Unions?
Not from a Capitalist.

If you believe this, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

Well show me the source for your information. Everything I’ve read said he stays on for the deal to go through, Phil Spencer then takes over and Bobby gets a golden parachute.

1 Like

So you agree with him that all the problems with Blizzard were made up by women who quit in order to help out the CoD QA tester’s chance at unionizing?

9 Likes