Blizzard caved in to DK tears but BM has been crying without avail

I was more or less pointing to how the performance of a class/spec should be directly related to it’s ease of play.

If an arms warrior is so easy to play, that you can do it with 1 finger and blind folded, then it should be at the bottom of the charts

But if a fury warrior requires you to spend time to learn and actually get a good understanding of the rotation and requires you to learn it flawlessly, it should be at the top.

1 Like

I don’t care which spec is at the top, I just think the gap from top to bottom should be smaller than it is.

5 Likes

I swapped yo MM… I absolutely hated it at first but honestly; it is starting to grow on me. Yeah, I would like BM hunter to be at least middle of the pack (I would play it then) but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Might as well buckle up and wait it out on another class/spec until we see that happen.

demonology used to take skill to play because the pets didn’t do most of your damage

DKs were about to receive the biggest nerf any spec has ever received in history in the middle of a patch… BM has always been at the bottom this patch plus you have 2 other specs to switch to. There’s a difference.

1 Like

I see the charts.

I also see the BM in our raid parsing high 80s and doing 14-15k dps.

Yet when I parse mid 80s, I do 11-12k. And that’s on EVERY FIGHT. EVERY FIGHT, our BM Hunters (we have two) top the meters.

I have a hard time sticking up for BM getting a buff when there’s no denying the data I’m seeing twice a week.

We know about inherent bias, and people skipping BM because “it’s low on the charts”, but I also can’t help but question it’s not a hard spec. It attracts people who want pet to do 50%+ of the damage, regardless of mechanics. I mean… who wouldn’t?? So any little challenge, maybe those types of players aren’t going to do so well.

I can’t say for sure what it is. But I also know a well-played BM Hunter does 30-40% more damage than I’m doing IN THE SAME PARSE RANGE. So if you’re not doing well as BM … how could I possibly think the problem isn’t YOU and not the spec???

I think we as a forum… need to stop feeding this weirdos trolling.

2 Likes

It’s obvious to me

Blizzard wants BM at the bottom (and ret at the bottom of keys)

It is a part of their strategic plan

If BM is topping your raid, you have a raid full of terrible players.

This isn’t an insult. It’s math.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS

2 Likes

Bit of a skewed assessment since those 2 weeks don’t include the recent +7% buff.

They include the 3% buff, but not the 4% buff.

Here is the data with all buffs included.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/29#metric=dps&dataset=95&class=DPS&sample=1

1 day sample size is too small, especially if most guilds have concluded raiding for the week. You need at least 2 weeks to get a proper sample size.

1 Like

This explains a lot. In LFR we’re 8th and that would be around that item level.

That’s over 2 thousand parses (1 day), but OK.

It’s a tier problem.

BM tier is terrible.

You should reread my post. ACTUALLY read it (because it’s obvious you didn’t read/understand a word of it).

Because, it seems I’ll have to summarize it again for you: I know that chart. I can see what it says. But I say it’s misleading, because of the possibility that the majority of BM players ARE JUST BAD.

Because I’m not telling you about a bar that’s this long or that long. I’m telling you the BM Hunter in my raid does 15k ON EVERY FIGHT.

Now you tell me… disregarding the utter cheese that is the Andy fight… what are your raiders pulling?

Cause I’m gonna say it’s in the 12-15k range. Which is fine for them. But the poor, pitiful BM Hunter in my raid is doing THE EXACT SAME THING.

The problem isn’t BM. THE PROBLEM IS YOU.

It’s getting tiring seeing the same top 5% parses and the screaming that BM is so terrible. Yes, our tier is awful and needs fixing, especially compared to some other classes/specs that have ridiculously overpowered 4pc bonuses. The BM rotation is actually more of a PITA than MM. I play all 3 hunter specs, hunter rotations are really no simpler or harder than any other class. All specs have their strengths and weaknesses. BM can be played effectively in much of the content available to us, as can most specs.

So you are stating, that unlike any other spec in the game, that BM Hunters are just universally worse players as a whole and THAT is the reason that their overall DPS is at the bottom of the charts?

It’s UNLIKELY, for the reason you’re hinting at. But it needs to be stated as possible.

The reason that’s important… is the rest of my post, which you seem to be ignoring.

Hello, is this the complaint department?

2 Likes