Blizzard, can you actually explain why we can't play Earthen tonight?

Wait, they’re still being gatekept? That’s very disappointing

I’m boycotting them until the women Earthen shave

1 Like

No they never said they would be playable on launch day .

They even said when they anounced them that they are an allied race and you would have to get to know them first (ie rep grind or quest chain )
No allied race outside of those rep farmed during Legion for BfA have been playable at launch .

Spoiler alert for below:

The 2nd chapter of the max level campaign has them devoting themselves to our cause and breaking their edicts. They have quite literally joined us already, yet we have to wait until next week to finish the whole campaign? It’s a strange decision lorewise AND practice wise. Yes, it’s only a week. But, when I got emails telling me that I would be able to play an Earthen after the levelup campaign… AND in early access? It doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

That’s what I was saying to myself after tonights campaign quests. Perfect time to bring them in as an allied race.

1 Like

Oh . Is that why I can’t complete two storylines for the war within campaign to be done? I have two checked off but tonight I was trying to figure out how to kick off the other two?

I have the other quest chains done o just need the war within campaign completed.

I mean I just clearing every quest I see anyway getting earthen unlocked isn’t urgent. But I would prioritize the quests if I knew them at the same time.

I’m gonna put on my tinfoil hat here and say the reason is:

Cause it would GREATLY upset all the non epic adopters when they log in and see Earthen running around already.

1 Like

Some of us took vacation from work to play this game this week & would have loved to use that time PLUS the holiday weekend coming up to level a new allied race. Tell you what Blizz, just hotfix in the final campaign chapters tomorrow & we’ll call it even stevens :+1:

1 Like

I dont like to pile on any outrage, justified or not, but this was a screw up. A new race should be playable in prepatch for anyone who has purchased the game.

except for an info graphic and the store page before they changed both today

1 Like

While I share your frustration on not having them yet, it is standard for other allied races. We have to see their full story before they join us.

I’m just glad we only need to wait a week to get the last quest.

While its nice its just a week it doesn’t make up for lying or give me something to do for the next week

2 Likes

Agreed.

I’m a little peeved. But it’s not the end of the world.

Why is everyone saying 1 week? Blizzard stated the 4th Campaign Chapter will be unlocked on Sep 3, there are 5 Chapters, FIVE, not 4. And you have to complete all FIVE to get it.

I personally don’t even have 3rd chapter unlocked. I’ve completed everything there is to complete and have 2/5 The War Within campaign chapters and got this BS “Wait for a word from Alleria”

1 Like

There was a blue post clarifying that chapter 4 is where earthen unlock.
And that pops on September 3rd.

No idea like not worth really worth going out of your way to unlock unless you really want to play one or are like a collector who wants the heritage set.

Yes, but given their track record of not letting people get allied races until later in the expac, part of me is suprised they’re allowing them so early. We weren’t allowed to play Kul’Tirans or Mag’hars until waaaaaaaaaay into BFA. I think it was after the end of the war in the storyline.

I am fully ready for this to be incorrect at this point, Blizzard is not trustworthy.

I’m not holding my breath. But I am excited for earthen.

This is hilarious, they timegated the max level story for EA players only to timegate the ending of the story even further.