Blizzard, can you actually explain why we can't play Earthen tonight?

for every toon you get to 80 you get a stacking 5% exp buff up to 25%. active on all toons below level 80 on your account.

And what do you mean no? that is legitimately what happened.

1 Like

Meaningless padding of expansion features… more like Hey if we release everything on day one we know you guys will unsubscribe so we want you to keep your subscription as long as possible

Last quest to unlock Earthen won’t be released till Sept 3rd, was confirmed by a blizz employee on another thread like this. Have a nice day

Probably the best excuse I’ve seen so far, to be honest. It would make sense.

But again, I’m of the opinion that the earthen should just be playable from the start without having to do anything, so it’s a self-inflicted issue.

Thanks. I’m aware. I’m also in that thread.

That’s kind of why I made this one because I think it’s stupid.

Simple since Earthen are rocky dwarves they are considered an allied race .

Every allied race has had a timegate be it rep or in the case of earthen quest chains.

it should at least be designed around what is listed in the advertising for the game which says Earthen available in…Early Access which is false.

So because of precedent. That’s your reason?

That’s a lame reason. Was in 2018, and still is today.

There’s no rulebook Blizzard has to abide by when establishing new allied races. There’s nothing that states “they have to be timegated.” Purely self-imposed.

1 Like

They never said they would be available at launch or early access or pre patch because they are not a new race . They are an allied race and all allied races had to be earned before you can play them.

All we need to make this thread complete, I am canceling my subscription over lack of Earthen Allied race not being available for a week.

1 Like

Really you’re gonna cry over having to wait a week ?

Please tell me you’re trolling because I’d hate to believe some people feel themselves to be so entitled.

1 Like

right, im saying everything ingame lead me to believe that by doing the quests they would be unlockable in prepatch/launch

I would say it’s a matter of principle. Blizzard flat out lied to everyone and began deleting the many posts in which they very specifically mentioned the Earthen would be playable during the EA.
I don’t care about the race, I personally think they’re awful, but I completely understand the people who are pissed about this sudden change, what Blizzard did here is illegal, it’s false advertising, people literally paid more for EA in hopes of playing with the new race sooner.
People like you acting like stuff like this isn’t a big deal is why companies like Blizzard can always get away with lies and false advertisements.

9 Likes

“No” was meaning that wasn’t what I was talking about at all. BfA Allied Races were a slog, I was there.

I think this is definitely an issue mainly because the expansion was sold with that feature being prominent and now we can’t unlock it until the endgame content comes out, which means we’ll need to level and be perpetually behind this season due to their abusive timegating.

They should have released them in the pre-patch imo, or at the very least during EA.

2 Likes

im assuming they time gated the race so that people who dont want to fall further behind will either race swap or buy a boost. abusing the fomo of a fresh xpac to get more people to open the wallets… i just wanted to make horde earthen shammy for this xpac

1 Like

thats the thing. the story is gated. we cant play the story cause they artificially time gated it how is that so hard for you shills to grasp

1 Like

Get over YOUR self. Stop shilling for the billion dollar company.

3 Likes

thats just not true, they very clearly did.

2 Likes

Grow up maybe. Suck it up butter cup?

If you can’t give me a reason for why we have to wait a week beyond “get over it. It’s not a big deal. Quit crying,” then it seems to me that I’m correct in pointing out that the timegate is arbitrary and adds nothing of value to the game.

3 Likes