Blizzard, can we please slow down? Please?

:face_vomiting:

Take that retail mentality back to retail. Vanilla never cared about letting people “catch up”. Classic shouldn’t, and isn’t either.

OP, if you can complete any quest AT ALL in less than 3 hours you don’t know why they are rushing Battlegrounds.

Until you play Alliance I will continue to believe you have no idea of what we are going through.

Don’t care, just stating a fact.

lmfao /10char

The common thing I keep hearing is, basically “I can’t keep up with people playing hours every day”. Those people aren’t going to be playing LESS with new content, so, by the end of the week, you get 8 hours in, they get 24. First day of new phase - you play 2 hours, they play 5. How do you catch up?

Even with no new content - those people are still playing, making gold, getting better and better gear, with more stuff on farm, things that take the time you

Or… We both start out walking to LA. I walk for 4 hours a day, you walk 2. How do you catch up?

Here’s the thing - I’m pretty casual, and I’m 60. I’m not left behind.

2 Likes

I had a Mage last night in full pre raid BiS picking apart my gear because I don’t have all my pre raid BiS. I replied back,
“I’m what some would consider… a casual.”
Then his response “You’re level 60, how is that casual?”

I don’t think people realize that I can only play for around 3 hours tops at a time so somethings I just skip for the time.

Can you please point me to the road map? The only information I’ve seen was a breakdown of the phases and info saying that Phase 2 was just “before the end of the year”

1 Like

You catch up during the lulls between new content.

Eventually, they run out of better gear to get, giving time for casuals to catch up. Having more gold doesn’t increase your dps. Having better gear does.

You reach LA first. Eventually, I reach it too. Oh look, I caught up.

That’s what everyone says until they look at their time /played.

Lets all think about this for a sec…

Poor time management.
Game.

What is wrong with you people?

So, basically, you’re saying once I reach LA, I’m stuck there until you show up, get some rest, re-supply and see the sights.

I’m casual, because I say I am. It’s an attitude, not a quantitative measure or time.

I mean, you say you don’t have the time I do, but you do. 24 hours in a day - you just choose to watch tv and surf on your phone while I don’t.

Here’s my question - We don’t play together, so why do you care if I hit LA, and keep going. You still get to do everything you were going to, you’ll just never be leading edge. Neither will I.

What’s your time /played as a casual?

Tell that to the levelers getting HK farmed by level 60s.

Im kinda bored . There is nothing to do . On my 6th alt .

The game lacks content. Thinking of unsubbing til more content comes out

ZG and AQ 20 would be a very nice addition to P3.

I am a very casual player and I like the pacing. I do MC once a week which is the majority of my weekly playtime I feel. I got lucky with drop rates and have both tier 2 pieces and the rest of my armor is almost all tier 1 besides my gloves. As far as I can tell I can enjoy about 1-2 months of my current raid tier gear which was pretty much my goal in classic(even knowing its not bis). It took me about 3 weeks to reach 60.

I need one cauterizing band, tier 1 gloves, and a mageblade from MC which will both be difficult to obtain then I am satisfied with MC, but I will still be doing MC to help other people gear up.

If BWL doesn’t come out until Jan or so, then we still have around 6-10 lockouts left depending on how soon into the new year blizz wants BWL to drop.

Dude, you’re a mage and you’ve been playing since September. Mages are the easiest class by far to level on. A lot of us have managed to get to 60 fine in the same or less time on harder to level classes. This is a you problem.

:thinking:

Isn’t that casual? 3 week plus a few days is around a month, don’t remember my exact time /played but that seemed like a nice pace to me. I did side quests in odd places, ran a dungeon here and there, did professions. Didn’t rush it. Figured it was a casual pace since the people who played non stop at launch got to 60 in a few days

On the other hand my experience playing on those shallnotbenamed pservers meant I didn’t need any addons and could go around questing without having to look up where any quests were, so maybe that made the difference.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Everyone has their own definition of “casual”.

Those people probably consider themselves casual too because they didn’t get world first.

1 Like

5,000 guilds with an MC clear on warcraftlogs now. Probably more than 10,000 guilds / pugs that have cleared it.

That’s about 100x more than the number of clears in Vanilla when BWL came out. Content is coming out slow enough already, BWL shouldn’t be released later than January. We don’t need 80% of the playerbase on the same level of progression.

Problem that it’s all relative. While I agree 2 months is a leisurely pace, if everyone else takes 6, then it’s actually fast.

1 Like