Blizzard, can we please slow down? Please?

Hey, Ill try to keep this short. I know I can’t be the only one feeling like this, please let me know your feedback and opinion.

I joined the party a little late, 10 days after release. No big deal, my fault. But since I have joined classic, I have been playing the “rush to 60” game since phase two dropped. Being under the impression I had until after the holiday season for phase 2, I was taking my time and enjoying the game. But even rushing is apparently not enough to keep up with the curve.

I understand there is a large amount of world PvP going on, but thats ok! We chose to play on a PvP server, I accept my deaths and ganks to 10 level 60s camping the wind rider in EPL. However, we have not even had 2 weeks of phase 2 out yet, and we are already getting phase 3 content way way ahead of time. Not all of us were able to no-life the game, and be doing MC within the first 2 weeks of classic being out. Most of us have demanding Jobs, School, Spouses, Children and a plethora of other responsibilities before World of Warcraft, and its seeming like the content rush is forgetting about us. We are not the streamers who ran out of content in the first 10 days, we are the players that fill the pockets of Blizzard, we play when we can, whenever we can and sometimes its not enough.

What im trying to say is, I’d really appreciate it if you guys could chill on the content dump, a good chunk of us are still not level 60, and then even when we hit level 60, we still have to farm pre-BiS (if you haven’t started already) and do end game content to have gear to stand on a leg in WSG+AV. The path ahead is a grind, one that I enjoy very much, but not one the average player can keep up with.

If you feel the same please pop a thumbs up, and leave a comment. If you’re a rich cheeky chadboy whos already max level with end game gear that disagree’s with me, let me know also, and why.

53 Likes

Do you feel like you need to hold the rest of the world back? Are you a left lane going the speed limit type while pacing another vehicle in the right lane?

12 Likes

I agree with you OP. Good luck with the ensuing flame war.

18 Likes

I’m very aware of the tryhard back lash that is about to ensue,

9 Likes

I have a 40 hour a week job, and a life, and MC/Ony is stale. stop using that as an excuse for poor time management on a game. Thanks =)

PS. BG’s are being released because the game is unplayable for alliance on most PvP servers.

14 Likes

No, I feel like the game has been out for 2 months and isn’t following the road map release. I feel like I work more than 40 hours a week, go to school at night and am a husband. I’m just a salty vet who wants to enjoy the experience, We got phase 2 two months ahead of schedule (where I had planned my game around) and are now getting BGs 4(?) months ahead of schedule, this is not me driving in the slow lane, This is me driving on Autobahn in my wrangler that fits 5, while porches zoom past me doing 140.

10 Likes

Here is the state of the game for alot of servers out there. I know you have fear of missing out but blizzard have to do something about this since they failed to fix the population imbalance.

14 Likes

I wanted classics phases longer. I was originally thinking around christmas for phase 2 and around march for phase 3.
As much as i LOVE bgs (7000 bgs played on my 120 rogue alone), i wish blizzard toned it down.
Im not really complaining though as im going to have a blast in AV for the next few months.

2 Likes

So its like this on my server, except its quite the opposite. Mainly alliance ganking horde, takes me about an hour to walk into BRD. Why not fix the server Imbalance rather than rush content?

4 Likes

They can’t without taking a radical departure from vanilla and making significant changes.

So doubling and tripling server capacity wasn’t a radical departure?

5 Likes

December 10. It’s written so it shall be done.

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying; I expected BGs to drop a lot later and have been taking it slow. That being said, with the outcry about wPvP causing issues for so many people I would guess they upped P3’s release in response. Once BGs are released the game’s got all major forms of content for players to choose from and gives Blizz leeway to slow down further content release.

Thankfully for we slowbies, until BWL comes out we’ve got a static point to work toward. Yes, gear will help a lot in BGs, but we’ve got the time and options to still work toward our pre-raid gear. I’m not trying to belittle your experience with the game. Rather, I’m hoping to help give some support and points that could help assuage some of your concerns.

Happy gaming!

1 Like

No. /10char

You and many others like you can play at your own pace regardless of content being added. I work 40 hours a week. Have tons of real life things to do aswell. I managed to casually stroll to 60, gear up in dungeons and clear MC/Ony already. Im now excited that BG’s are coming, it adds more things to do in between grinding for gold.

Even after phase 6 youll still have the game there waiting for you to explore it. Its not going to just end in a flash after some guild clears Naxx.

7 Likes

gdamn what server is this
ill transfer there

but it was

No buts, argue with yourself over something else.

compelling argument

Because I don’t care if it was or wasn’t, you are arguing with yourself.