Blizzard Browser

What is this? Is it the launcher? Because I ALWAYS exit the launcher but I’d say about a quarter of the time when I pull up my task manager and hit the drop-down for WoW it’s there running and pulling an absolute ton of my disk.

It isn’t always there from the beginning either. Sometimes it just appears in the task manager after I’ve been playing for a while.

How do I make that stop happening? Because without fail every single time it’s running the game is hitching like crazy and lags. When I have issues it’s the first thing I check, if it’s running I shut it down and lo and behold the problem disappears.

2 Likes

If it’s glitching out for you, and it sounds like it is, you might wanna post here:

As for stopping it from launching, I dunno if you can. But it looks like the solution you have been using seems to fix it temporarily.

I saw this thread here…

3 Likes

I believe the Blizzard Browser (BlizzardBrowser.exe) are processes that run when you open up the Help / Customer Support UI in game. Esc to open the Game Menu -> Help button.

So it doesn’t look like it’s a launcher process (I think).

BlizzardBrowser.exe’s should close when you close the Help UI. If these persist after you close that UI, and even after you close the game, there’s something that’s preventing them from closing cleanly. If you can observe when they first appear, try and report any steps leading up to their start so testers can try to reproduce the problem.

5 Likes

I’ll do that Anaba and also check out the links Thundertotem, TY both!

3 Likes