Battle.net Client and Hardware Acceleration

I’ve recently realized that the Battle dot net client will leverage the installed GPU by default. When doing so, it can consume quite a bit of processing power from the GPU. While I have determined how to prevent that, I am curious as to how the Battle dot net client might benefit from hardware acceleration.

I has assumed a client like this wouldn’t require it, thus my curiosity about how it might benefit.

Most likely because it displays video streams and cinematics sometimes.

Schiller is absolutely correct. The GPU utilization is very much related to the videos and other cinematics in the app. The best way around the issue is via the Blizzard Battle.net app settings menu.

I have this same problem with battle.net app now, and it’s different from before. Used to be you could X to system tray and it would stop the GPU usage, but now none of that works. Hardware acceleration off, minimize to sys tray, nope max GPU memory and core clocks, 20% power usage whenever the app is even on, and theres NO WAY to deactivate it without exiting the program.

Tried beta, didnt fix it. Some new update changed this behavior and its really impaired how much I can keep the app on check on friends list because I’ve resorted to using the mobile app instead of leaving my GPU at 100% clocks on all the time