Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

It should be that if an account is suspended it go to all your accounts on the bnet.

You aren’t limited to one bnet

Na it can be picked up cause that form of multiboxing requires multiole pcs and a special broadcaster for a keyboard.

Right but 1 bnet can have 8 wow qccounts on it.

Ban a wow account meh make another one. Should be if 1 wow account gets banned then anymore you make are also banned.

Also im on mobile and im not fixing my typos

Not exactly, there is a lot of behaviors that are allowed but are frowned upon. It’s more nuanced then a simple binary allowed/disallowed consideration. Multiboxing isn’t something that is easy to address or enforce if you want to ban it without harming innocent individuals. So it’s allowed. But the language also suggests it’s only tentatively so and any crosses over the line is strictly forbidden.

Specific language is

“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties”

It’s not even stating it’s approved, it’s only statement is well…your not breaking the rules.

:o

first time i see something like this, as a frogger i feel like i dodge a bulled back then

Hard to do, unless they are streaming
Ip ban? Spoof ip
Hardware id ban? Spoof it

Ribbit
:frog:

1 Like

You posted it yourself. Set a delay and bam.
While they can detect software via Warden memory scan, hardware is not really possible.

I can hook up a simple input repeater FPGA with a random sub 50ms delay on any 8 usb ports and say I’m not automating anything, while not changing the final game experience. The burden of proof is on Blizzard.

It’s just not a good idea to ban automated mirroring when you can do so manually with like 2 keyboards.

Either way, they’ll get to that eventually since the issue is not multiboxing, but mirrored inputs.

On-topic, while it looks like a win, it’s a L for Blizzard.
A rollback would suffice, a ban for simply playing the game like in this case is too much.

Yes exactly.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258#:~:text=Multiboxing%2C%20or%20playing%20multiple%20World,our%20End%20User%20License%20Agreement.

There’s no next level of explicit than saying “this does not violate the rules”

wonder what kind of renown levels the exploiters had. it slows down a lot once around ~11

also wonder why they did it… i didnt notice anything juicy in the renown tracks.

Its more so the broadcaster. It has software built into it if i remember right.

Not sure of thier methods though.

Saying something does not violate rules=/= an action is approved. It just means it is not a bannable offense. Approval is something entirely different.

They were 20-25 from what I’ve read.

1 Like

Yea, it went well beyond doing it once by just playing the game

Won’t somebody think of the poor renowns :joy:

Take a second to realize what this is quibbling over and how far gone you all are.

Holy cow that’s worth more than a 4 day ban.

Also if they make another account do they still keep the renown due to warbands? If so, they can just get all the rewards again!

These straws are not there for you to grasp. Unless I get an attaboy and a slap on the back it isnt approved, I guess.

Yep. It’s a publicity stunt to say, “Hey look! We did something!”

No you didn’t, Blizz.

1 Like