Blizzard Banning Players Exploiting Reputation

Guild discord said multiple members of method got banned.

Sounds like if you have 2 or more WoW licenses under the same BNET account and they were logged in playing release at the same time, every rep turn-in counted double. Or maybe 1-wow license had to pick a different pact than the other?

Either way, sounds like lots of parent-kid combos got banned for it.

3 Likes

Maybe its just me and my semantics but 4 days is not a Ban its a 4 day suspension then they can come back and either learn from the experience or they just keep on doing what they were suspended for.

If they were banned they couldnŹ»t get back into the game.

2 Likes

There were a lot of videos on YT showing how to do this. I donā€™t even watch them.

Iā€™m just one that wonā€™t do it b/c there is a very real possibility of a ban. Iā€™ve invested TOO many years and money in this to get myself banned for a stupid reason like this. LOL

Thereā€™s a scale of intentionality. Bans are for the maximum end of that. And for when the offenders profit greatly off it.

Max rep includes heroic crests that are absolutely unobtainable right now so yeah thatā€™s stepping into tempban territory. Knew it was wrong + major headstart.

Brann xp didnā€™t provide anything, it was just a headache to cap him and then roll back. People who farmed and SOLD Brann xp tokens were def at risk of bans though, if that were easy to track.

2 Likes

exactly my scenario as well as a few other people that i am talking to in discord. i leveled 2 toons on 2 accounts and hit 80. a day or 2 later i leveled 2 more toons to 80. the reps were counted as double as i am finding out now. blizzard really needs to come at this better as there are many people that got suspended for just playing the game and knew nothing of this.

youā€™re right. seems like ban and suspension are being used interchangeably in this threadā€¦

Iā€™ve known people who cheated and got caught. They were ready to go again without having lost much time.

But itā€™s not unusual for the criteria they use to find the people who exploited and punish them to be overly broad and catch a lot of small fish who accidentally ran into something they didnā€™t realize wasnā€™t supposed to be part of the game.

It should depend on how much effort goes into making the exploit work.

Joe: ā€œHey guys, look what I found! If we do A, B, C, and D during the hours of 3-4 am, then enter dungeon X, get Y item and bring it to this site and kill this mob, weā€™ll get something they couldnā€™t possibly have wanted us to have! Tell everybody on the team!ā€

1 Like

Good. They should do it tomorrow when theyā€™re all starting their raids.

THIS
IS
THE
SOLUTION

good.

the people doing it knew it was an exploit.

i dont know what it even is im like how and why you get rep for doing anything/everything in the gameā€¦also just came out why get maxed so fast raid gear is better then the vendor gear anyway.

Maxing renown (just like in DF) gets you a hero track enchanted crest. Craft items at greater item level than intended before the season even starts. They donā€™t care about the quartermaster vendor stuff.

Iā€™ve got no sympathy for anyone who exploits a system knowing full well that itā€™s not working as intended.

There was a rep exploit?

Your quote from my post was cut off. This is the full post.

Hereā€™s the deal:

Some people know well in advance about an exploit and tell all their friends so they can all exploit it to the max. Some people only find out about this when hearing it has been changed. And some people never hear.

How does one know if a system is working as intended or not?

They would dual box (or more). Each quest has a 1 time warband (battle.net account) rep bonus tied to it. Well, opening up the turn-in box on all of the accounts at once, and then clicking them one after the other would grant the reward multiple times.

Just seeing a ā€œ1 time warband bonusā€ rewarded more than once shouldā€™ve set off red flags. And someone who did it accidentally once wouldā€™ve probably been ok. But people continued to do it to max reknown.

1 Like

Thereā€™s not exactly warning signs that you are about to enter exploit territory. Anyone who multiboxes probably hit this one accidentally.

1 Like

Hahaha oh wow the token is cratering over the past hour.

Guess a bunch of people are buying tons of tokens to gear up their temp accounts.